GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Results 1 to 5 of 5
  1. #1

    Default What type of fluid for a 241C transfer case?

    Well we got lucky and found a 241C transfer case for my sons truck( I have another tread about what transfer cases will swap with the 241C which I still need to know if this doesn't work out)

    What type of fluid and estimated fluid capacity for a 241C transfer case?

  2. #2

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bigcountry25 View Post
    Well we got lucky and found a 241C transfer case for my sons truck( I have another tread about what transfer cases will swap with the 241C which I still need to know if this doesn't work out)

    What type of fluid and estimated fluid capacity for a 241C transfer case?
    Pretty sure it holds 4.4 pints. As far as fluid goes, I am pretty sure that they used Dextron III in those. But, I am also pretty sure that you can use GM AutoTrac fluid in it. @j cat should be able to help out on this one a little more. He is pretty well versed in the GM fluids

    1995 Silverado 4x4
    6" BDS Suspension Lift-3" Body Lift-Add A Leaf in rear -Trailmaster SSV Shocks-Duel Steering Stabilizer Kit -AirAid Cold air intake-
    4.56 Gears with Detroit Auburn Locker-Pro-Comp Traction Bars with duel shocks-Aluminum Skid Plate Kit-38.5" x 16.5" Mickey Thompson Baja Claws-Constant Dropping fuel gauge

    2005 Yukon XL Jet Power Programmer, Bilstein Shocks, Bilstein rear springs, Helwig Anti-sway bars, EGR Window Visors, EGR Hood Shield, Denali Headlights, Headlight harness upgrade, GE NightHawk Bulbs, White Night Rear lighting system, Russell Braided SS brake lines, PowerStop Brake pads, PowerStop cross drilled and Slotted Rotors, http://www.gmtruckclub.com/forum/sho...5-GMC-Yukon-XL
    2002 Silverado ext cab 2wd (Sold)
    2003 Yukon XL (Totaled)

  3. #3

    Default

    I run royal purple in everything but the engine. Keeps it happy and you only change it every 30 - 50k miles... worth the investment
    Gas was $1.83 when Obama took office.....

  4. #4
    Legend

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    everett, massachusetts
    Posts
    1,442

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by K15 Blazer Guy View Post
    I run royal purple in everything but the engine. Keeps it happy and you only change it every 30 - 50k miles... worth the investment
    I have used GM trac II in the 2000 4X4 silverado since day one. replace fluid at the 40,000mi mark as this is when it begins to turn a grayish blue . 145,000 no problems or leaks ..also no clunks .

    never used the royal purple ..if it costs much more than trac II I would not consider it for the transfer case ,..

  5. #5

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by j cat View Post
    .

    never used the royal purple ..if it costs much more than trac II I would not consider it for the transfer case ,..
    I agree! Just use trac II and be done with it.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •