GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Thread: LSA Swap?

Master Mechanic

Default LSA Swap?

Hey everyone was just searching around crate engine costs as the Silverado is pushing over 140,000 miles and came across the LSA crate engine. Just wondering if anyone attempted the swap and/or is possible to do so. I know I would get a new transmission as well since the stock one was already rebuilt once.
    Objects in mirror are losing

2003 Chevy Silverado Z71, 5.3L, K&N 57 series, 2.5'' Flowmaster Super 10 series dual exhaust , Corvette Servo, McNew Automotive Dyno tune, SS gauge cluster, Extang Trifecta Tonneau, Pacesetter shorty headers, Goodmark cowl hood, Sony Xplod speakers, Kenwood DDX-470 exhaust tips, 16" Ultra Badlands polished wheels, Pirelli Scorpion ATR .

Master Mechanic

I can't be the first one to think of this. Good power for the money (supercharged engine from the ZL1 and CTS-V) and much cheeper than the LS9

2003 Chevy Silverado Z71, 5.3L, K&N 57 series, 2.5'' Flowmaster Super 10 series dual exhaust , Corvette Servo, McNew Automotive Dyno tune, SS gauge cluster, Extang Trifecta Tonneau, Pacesetter shorty headers, Goodmark cowl hood, Sony Xplod speakers, Kenwood DDX-470 exhaust tips, 16" Ultra Badlands polished wheels, Pirelli Scorpion ATR .

I don't know why you couldn't do it. I thought an ls block was an ls block. If the motor mount locations are the same I would thing a simple harness and computer swap would do the trick
    Chuckie!!!

Any ls is gonna bolt in, its all the accessories like a/c alt water pump etc that are gonna hang you up. Hood clearance won't be a problem on a truck like car is but getting everything in and not burning up belts might take up some of your time and money asyour stickers might not all match up, especially with the lower set intake and supercharger. If you got the cash go for it, just remember that your gonna need the ecu and more than likely headers and exhaust work.
    03 Silverado 1500
    285/75/16 BFG's
    2 Blaupunkt 10" vW1000 subs in Subthump box
    ProComp Level Lift & 3" rear blocks

5. Thanks KyleZ71 thanked for this post
    Master Mechanic

Thanks for the replies guys. I figured the accessories would be a problem but didn't think of the belt clearance issues.