GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by esbmann View Post
    Could you provide some additional help to me please, I have contacted GM Parts Direct, an internet based provider, have purchased Bed Rail Caps from them. I sent their customer service an email asking for a price quote based on your info. They are telling me there are three relay's, Lock, Unlock,and Drivers door unlock, but they are giving me the same part number for each item, this does not make sense to me, wholesale cost is about $ 8.30 . Wanted something to compare to when I called the Dealer for a price. I am not confident with the info I am getting back from this site, three different part numbers make's more sense. Any advice.
    you might as well go to a local parts store and buy them. By the time you pay for the shipping and handling charges from that company you are probably going to pay more than you would at a parts store. Plus, the customer service with that company is terrible to say the least. (just google their name and complaints) If you insist on buying the relays from a GM dealer site like that then I suggest GMpartsclub.com.

As far as your remote issue goes. I have seen the pad that presses the contact on the board inside the remote go bad. It would be odd for it to go bad on both remotes. But, you could always try this: with the remote disassembled and the battery in place, move the rubber button cover over so that the lock button is covering the contact for the unlock function. Then try using the lock button to operate the unlock function. if it works then you just need to replace the rubber piece.
    Last edited by Pikey; 12-05-2013 at 10:01 AM.

1995 Silverado 4x4
    6" BDS Suspension Lift-3" Body Lift-Add A Leaf in rear -Trailmaster SSV Shocks-Duel Steering Stabilizer Kit -AirAid Cold air intake-
    4.56 Gears with Detroit Auburn Locker-Pro-Comp Traction Bars with duel shocks-Aluminum Skid Plate Kit-38.5" x 16.5" Mickey Thompson Baja Claws-Constant Dropping fuel gauge

2005 Yukon XL Jet Power Programmer, Bilstein Shocks, Bilstein rear springs, Helwig Anti-sway bars, EGR Window Visors, EGR Hood Shield, Denali Headlights, Headlight harness upgrade, GE NightHawk Bulbs, White Night Rear lighting system, Russell Braided SS brake lines, PowerStop Brake pads, PowerStop cross drilled and Slotted Rotors, http://www.gmtruckclub.com/forum/sho...5-GMC-Yukon-XL
    2002 Silverado ext cab 2wd (Sold)
    2003 Yukon XL (Totaled)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12