GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 Last Post byLast Post by

Quote Originally Posted by BurbanMan View Post
    Depends in what setup you have. Most I've seen, the individual legs can be replaced. My buddies just came unplugged from the particular cylinder.

Thanks. I can't wait to get it running lamborgeeties are getting old lol

That would be VERY cool! I'll tear in to it this weekend. A point that was brought up to me this morning was that the reading that trips the blinking engine light is based on spark. Any thoughts? Was the light in the truck you worked on flashing?

- - - Updated - - -

Lamborgeeties?That's a new one! Lol!Ya , one day I'm gonna get another straight axel Sub , lift it 9" and run some 38X14.50's!
    Last edited by GeoLow97; 12-03-2013 at 05:53 AM. Reason: spelling,duplicate reply
    IF IT'S 2WD IT NEEDS LOWERED, IF IT'S 4WD, IT NEEDS LIFTED. FACTORY RIDE HEIGHT IS JUST A GOOD STARTING POINT!

Quote Originally Posted by GeoLow97 View Post
    That would be VERY cool! I'll tear in to it this weekend. A point that was brought up to me this morning was that the reading that trips the blinking engine light is based on spark. Any thoughts? Was the light in the truck you worked on flashing? - - - Updated - - - Lamborgeeties?That's a new one! Lol!Ya , one day I'm gonna get another straight axel Sub , lift it 9" and run some 38X14.50's!
    now that I'm not 100% positive. I know when my boss took us fishing on his boat. He used his 2001 gmc 3500 with the 6.0. While were on the lake someone decided to cut the harness to one of his injectors causing his light to flash.

Lol it was supposed to say lamborfeeties (walking)
    Chuckie!!!

Lol it was supposed to say lamborfeeties (walking)[/QUOTE]

AAAH The two shoe Cadillac! Gotcha! Yes! Driving is WAY better than walkin, especially when its in a GM truck!

Think I'm gonna start a complete new distributor. Believe it or not , I found reman's for $45. ! Quick swap, and probably due at 250,XXX miles anyways. If that doesn't straighten it out...time to split the intake.

Wow, your boss must be on the hunt! That is rotten!

. Lol it was supposed to say lamborfeeties (walking)
    AAAH The two shoe Cadillac! Gotcha! Yes! Driving is WAY better than walkin, especially when its in a GM truck! Think I'm gonna start a complete new distributor. Believe it or not , I found reman's for $45. ! Quick swap, and probably due at 250,XXX miles anyways. If that doesn't straighten it out...time to split the intake. Wow, your boss must be on the hunt! That is rotten![/QUOTE]

let is know what happens.

let is know what happens.[/QUOTE]

Most certainly will! Thanks!

Anyone know what all is involved it switching from a Vortec 305 to a Vortec 350??? Just curious.

Anyone know what all is involved it switching from a Vortec 305 to a Vortec 350??? Just curious.
    should just be pulling one engine and installing the other...

8. Thanks GeoLow97 thanked for this post
    Legend

I would also think you would need a matching PCM for 350 or get the 305 reflash end for the 350
    99 K1500 Suburban LT "THE BEAST"
    Hypertech III, K&N, true dual
    285/75/16

10. Thanks GeoLow97 thanked for this post

let is know what happens.
    Most certainly will! Thanks![/QUOTE]

Well, switched my Distributor. The check engine light now stays on solid, which is a step in the right direction. The distributor I pulled was plastic with an old style foot that did not slide onto the flats to lock timing location. I put the new distributor in with the adjustable foot and lined things up back to where they were as close as I could. I figure I could unplug the tan with black wire referred to in the Haynes manual and put a timing light on it. SURPRISE! There is no timing tab on the timing chain cover! So I just ran it where it was. Ran okay but pinged excessively under acceleration. So I decided to put the foot that came with the new distributor on. It has the long legs that locate the distributor. It appeared that this advanced the timing quite a bit which would explain the pinging. But then the engine cranked like the battery was half dead and it was zero degrees outside. So I replaced the adjustable foot, retarded the timing and now it runs ok but still has the pinging and doesn't have the power that I had before this whole episode began. Any thoughts on what to do next? THank you guys SO much.

So I replaced the adjustable foot, retarded the timing and now it runs ok but still has the pinging and doesn't have the power that I had before this whole episode began. Any thoughts on what to do next? THank you guys SO much.
    My thought, is that you need to set the timing, guessing won't work.
    Ray

'09 Avalanche LTZ - Black
    '05 Envoy XL (sold)