GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Quote Originally Posted by RayVoy View Post
    My thought, is that you need to set the timing, guessing won't work.

I agree. Any tips on how to do this without the timing tab on the timing chain cover? Thought I had it all figured out until I noticed that lil detail. Is there something else I need to be looking for on vortec motors to shine the timing light at? Thank you!
    IF IT'S 2WD IT NEEDS LOWERED, IF IT'S 4WD, IT NEEDS LIFTED. FACTORY RIDE HEIGHT IS JUST A GOOD STARTING POINT!

Quote Originally Posted by GeoLow97 View Post
    I agree. Any tips on how to do this without the timing tab on the timing chain cover? !
    Tabs and timing light aren't used any more. The dist is set at 0 deg when on TDC for number 1. The ECM/PCM takes over from there.

The dist didn't come with any change instructions? Let me see what I can find.

I found this, it appears the marks should be on the cover for your engine http://autorepair.about.com/library/a/1a/bl340a.htm
    Ray

'09 Avalanche LTZ - Black
    '05 Envoy XL (sold)

3. Thanks GeoLow97 thanked for this post
    Likes 99'HEARTBEAT liked this post

Quote Originally Posted by RayVoy View Post
    Tabs and timing light aren't used any more. The dist is set at 0 deg when on TDC for number 1. The ECM/PCM takes over from there.

The dist didn't come with any change instructions? Let me see what I can find.

I found this, it appears the marks should be on the cover for your engine http://autorepair.about.com/library/a/1a/bl340a.htm

Cool!Thank you!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123