GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 Last Post byLast Post by

Just saw a Christmas tree tent Colapsed. Hope they're Ok.

Steve
    10 Chevy Traverse LT AWD
    02 Chevy Trailblazer LS (110K+ miles - loaded except for 4WD - WRECKED!)
    99 Chevy Cavalier LS (105K+ miles - commuter car)
    78 Chevy Suburban Silverado (454, 3/4 ton)
    62 GMC 3/4 ton Pickup (350 police interceptor)

Remember: Search Before Posting | Fill out Your Profile & Signature
    * I've been saying for years that I was going to change my username, and I finally did.

SNOW SUCKS!!!!! end of story.

2011 Silverado CrewCab 5.3L*Ram Air Look Cowl Induction Reflexxion Hood*6" Pro Comp Lift*Flowmaster Dual exhaust*Perfect Launch Rear Diff. Cover*Led Smoke Taillights*L.E.D.Smoke 3rd Brakelight*60" L.E.D. Tailgate Bar*Rearview Mirror Reverse Camera and Sensors*Smoke Headlight Covers*Front Bumper Grill Insert*Deezee Black Alum. Diamond Rail covers*20" Ultra Motorsports Rims wrapped with 35.5"B.F. Goodrich Tires*Inchannel Raingaurds*CAI*Bullydog GT Tuner*Alpine Amp*Boss 6x9's*Boston Acoustic Subs*Terrantula Tweeters*Custom Sub box*Red Led Interior Accents*5% Ultimacool duo tint rear window and doors, 20% front doors*Custom Vinyl Graphics*Demolded*Debadged*Painted drums and calipers*
    Future Mods Include: Custom Interior Hydrographics, Electronic Rollup Toneau Cover, 4.56 Gears, Painted rear bumper

Here is that pic.

Ugh ...

Here.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails uploadfromtaptalk1386379328939.jpg   uploadfromtaptalk1386379351238.jpg  

Quote Originally Posted by grampy View Post
    It's been a good day in the north, woke up to -19 F, high today was -5, -14 at 5 PM. spent my morning feeding cows, chopping holes in the ice in the stock tanks so they could water. Spent an easy afternoon in the backhoe moving snow. (easy 'cause the old backhoe has a heater !) How could it get any better than this !! Dana, I know it's warm in Florida, but I wouldn't trade you places for anything, just too many people down there ! (been there) Got a big blue sky here, "big sky" country ya know, lot's of sunshine, life is good ! KEN
    I used to live in Maryland. I have a disagreeable hip and minor arthritis in my knees and wrists. None of which have hurt me a bit in the year and a half I've been down here.

Where we live, about 20 miles NE of Orlando there are more horses and cows and chickens than people. It's fairly rural. The nearest real town, Oviedo has about 40 feral chickens dead in the middle of town. We didn't even have a street light on our road until last summer.

Talk about big sky, the highest point in Florida is a little over 400 feet above sea level and it's way up north someplace. We got nothin' but sky down here and it's blue almost all the time, except for every day in the summer at 4:30 we have a thunderstorm with more lightning than any other place on Earth. We can watch thunderstorms 50 miles away just like in Montana. Not sayin' Florida is any better than Montana, just sayin' for me in particular, warm is better than not warm, palm trees are better than wind blown scrub pine, and bikini's are WAY better than Carhartt Extremes coveralls.

Quote Originally Posted by Dana W View Post
    and bikini's are WAY better than Carhartt Extremes coveralls.
    I like the way you think, haha
    Ray

'09 Avalanche LTZ - Black
    '05 Envoy XL (sold)

OK, Dana ya' got me there, bikini's are WAY, WAY better than Carhartts !!!! My positive attitude is being tested tonight, the temp. has dropped to -31 F. and it's only 9PM ! OUCH !!! Ken

- - - Updated - - -

It got even colder after my post last night - my thermometer showed -34 F !! Ive been looking at some of the national weather, I can deal with the cold, We also have a fair amount of snow ( maybe 10" - hard to say for sure, wind kinda rearranged it ), I can deal with that. We also still have power ! I'm thinking of the safety of those of you further south, its not so bad to drive on packed snow, but black ice and freezing rain is treacherous, plus the amount of traffic and the unprepared & inexperienced drivers -WOW ! Even worse I heard the power is out in many areas now. Everyone be careful out there ! Ken

OK, Dana ya' got me there, bikini's are WAY, WAY better than Carhartts !!!! My positive attitude is being tested tonight, the temp. has dropped to -31 F. and it's only 9PM ! OUCH !!! Ken

- - - Updated - - -

It got even colder after my post last night - my thermometer showed -34 F !! Ive been looking at some of the national weather, I can deal with the cold, We also have a fair amount of snow ( maybe 10" - hard to say for sure, wind kinda rearranged it ), I can deal with that. We also still have power ! I'm thinking of the safety of those of you further south, its not so bad to drive on packed snow, but black ice and freezing rain is treacherous, plus the amount of traffic and the unprepared & inexperienced drivers -WOW ! Even worse I heard the power is out in many areas now. Everyone be careful out there ! Ken
    Holey shmoley. That sort of weather is no laughing matter. Hunker down and it will pass soon. Good luck.

Ok so now its getting cold

We got our first frost and it was 32 degrees. I still went to work in SHORTS though.

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

Now that is cold. Im gonna have to try that someday.
    David
    2004 Silverado 2500 Crew Cab 4x4, AMSOIL EA air filter, Granatelli MAF sensor, Throttle body spacer, Magnaflow exhaust (true dual to 2 in 1 out muffler), 6" ProComp lift (add a leaf and 5" superlift rear block), Bilstein shocks, 35's (Cooper Disoverer ST) and 4.10 gears, Rhino Liner, EGRUSA fender Flares and widow visors, extended stainless steel brake lines, firestone airbags w/onboard air compressor, Pioneer Avic X940BT navigation, Accel backup camera.
    http://www.gmtruckclub.com/forum/sho...Silverado-2500
    1960 Land Rover Series II 88
    2001 Pontiac Sunfire
    2013 Toyota Avalon Limited (Wife's Car)
    NRA Life Member

Quote Originally Posted by dsfloyd View Post
    Now that is cold. Im gonna have to try that someday.
    You won't be wearing your shorts, haha