GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Anyone into Circle Track Racing?

I did a search and looked around and could not find anything on this topic. I was curious if there were any others who enjoyed it or participate in racing on the forums. I don't brag on winning so none of that is included as that has never been my thing. But points champions I was excited about!! With my dad setting the cars up, and my motor builder being the best guy ever, it was a winning combination.

Little about me;started racing dirt circle track when I was 12 years old in the Limited Modified class (imca sport mods) in the Young Guns division.
    Moved up after 2 years to the adult class since most tracks didn't have our class. Stayed in Limiteds for 2 more seasons until a concrete track opened in our area and that took off fast.
    Moved to the Modified division along with the Limited division when at concrete track and loved it until car count fell off since most of the racing was the same every weekend with the same winners in each division. Thanks to my dad and him setting up the car I finished 2nd in Mod and Limited points in 2008 and in 2009 concentrated on modifieds and was Modified Points champion.
    2010 concrete track had maybe 5 cars in each division so back to dirt we went.
    2011 sick and surgery along with awesome ER visit after two weeks out...
    2012 catching back up on school missed due to illness and such.
    and 2013 make up for all money spent due to part time jobs and catching up on school BUT car is ready for 2014!!!

Anyone else who circle track races please join in! I'd like to know all who is on here!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	01-25-2013073_zpse3d10458.jpg 
Views:	22 
Size:	78.9 KB 
ID:	56458Click image for larger version. 

Name:	01-25-2013098_zpsf5a4b209.jpg 
Views:	22 
Size:	80.6 KB 
ID:	56459Click image for larger version. 

Name:	01-25-2013070_zps6fd1e132.jpg 
Views:	19 
Size:	62.9 KB 
ID:	56460 This is how the car will look for 2014 season. It's only a limited mod no more modified stuff around this area all Late Models and Limited Modifieds. And yes that is flat black sheet metal, turned out awesome on this car!
    Last edited by Rocketmanh5; 12-04-2013 at 10:43 AM.
    2009 Silvia~Superlift 6"~DropStars~Nitto Trail Graps~FSOR Catback~Madtunes Racing~4.10 gears~cleared headlights~hi-6

NNBS SILVERADO BUILD

Legend

Piermont,NY, back in Northern NJ now, But may be in IL soon....

Got a few friends into it.. It's big on the NE area Ever hear of Lesco Racing?
    08 Z71 Avalanche Mods to date: K&N CAI,Hellwig Swaybars and End Links, Corsa Sport Exhaust, Superchips Programer,IPCW LOF & 3rd brake light and tails, AMI Gas door,Show Hooks and Door locks, Enkei Wheels, with Pirelli tires, StreetScene Bowties, Grant Steering wheel,Muth signal mirrors,SSBC Big Brake kit,Huskyliner Mug gards,Floor mats and Hood shield, McGard Lug nuts and locks, Bedrug, Cervini's Ram Air hood,35watt HID Fog lights, Sylvania bulbs all around ZXE's Highs and Lows, WhiteNight Back up lights,Sirius and HD Radio, SnugTop sitting on deck now Got a Softopper on now,Tempress Boat Hatches.... New Bilstein shocks are on... New Mods coming soon..... X

Are we talking asphalt or dirt?
    Chuckie!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Enkeiavalanche View Post
    Got a few friends into it.. It's big on the NE area Ever hear of Lesco Racing?
    Not to my knowledge I haven't. What is it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by BurbanMan View Post
    Are we talking asphalt or dirt?
    I guess both since it's one in the same.
    2009 Silvia~Superlift 6"~DropStars~Nitto Trail Graps~FSOR Catback~Madtunes Racing~4.10 gears~cleared headlights~hi-6

NNBS SILVERADO BUILD

Quote Originally Posted by Rocketmanh5 View Post
    Not to my knowledge I haven't. What is it. - - - Updated - - - I guess both since it's one in the same.
    i have no experience with asphalt, but I've had my fun in the dirt with a street stock
    Chuckie!!!

Quote Originally Posted by BurbanMan View Post
    i have no experience with asphalt, but I've had my fun in the dirt with a street stock
    You didn't really miss a whole lot on concrete or asphalt. It was fun but no where near what dirt is. Did you travel any?

NNBS SILVERADO BUILD

wish I had the money for modified's. I loved AutoX when I did that.

Legend

Piermont,NY, back in Northern NJ now, But may be in IL soon....

Hey if there's no Dirt in your Beer It's Not Racing......
    08 Z71 Avalanche Mods to date: K&N CAI,Hellwig Swaybars and End Links, Corsa Sport Exhaust, Superchips Programer,IPCW LOF & 3rd brake light and tails, AMI Gas door,Show Hooks and Door locks, Enkei Wheels, with Pirelli tires, StreetScene Bowties, Grant Steering wheel,Muth signal mirrors,SSBC Big Brake kit,Huskyliner Mug gards,Floor mats and Hood shield, McGard Lug nuts and locks, Bedrug, Cervini's Ram Air hood,35watt HID Fog lights, Sylvania bulbs all around ZXE's Highs and Lows, WhiteNight Back up lights,Sirius and HD Radio, SnugTop sitting on deck now Got a Softopper on now,Tempress Boat Hatches.... New Bilstein shocks are on... New Mods coming soon..... X

Quote Originally Posted by Rocketmanh5 View Post
    You didn't really miss a whole lot on concrete or asphalt. It was fun but no where near what dirt is. Did you travel any?
    Mainly Tulsa and Muskogee Oklahoma

Quote Originally Posted by Enkeiavalanche View Post
    Hey if there's no Dirt in your Beer It's Not Racing......
    Dang right!
    Chuckie!!!

[QUOTE=BurbanMan;593997]Mainly Tulsa and Muskogee Oklahoma

I gotcha. I know one thing, this junk costs too much.. And to think adding stuff to trucks cost a lot..bull lol. I need sponsors who wants too?!?!?!?! ha

NNBS SILVERADO BUILD

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast