GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Default Rock Solid stone guard question

Hey guys,

Just wondering what your opinions or experiences are with the Rock Solid stone guard….or something that is similar. I'm thinking this will be a good Christmas present for my dad when he tows this thing around:

I know the image is displayed on the wrong brand…but you get the idea.

Probably works well....not much for looks.

[B]1997 GMC

Quote Originally Posted by poncho62 View Post
    Probably works well....not much for looks.
    Yeah…my thoughts exactly. I'm not a huge fan of the look put the boat was a pretty penny…so my dad is real anal about it, with good reason. The factory mud flaps only do so much…I thought this would be perfect! I'm hoping someone with experience can give me some pro's and cons!

Thanks for the comment!

My grandpa had something like this on his motorhome, works well, you will have to put up with the plastic scraping everywhere theres a dip. but it protects like no other. good stuff.
    2012 Chevy Captiva Sport LT V6 (The Spanish Prison)

MODS:

Cobra 19 Ultra II CB and some generic CB antenna.
    55W 10000K HID High Beams (just to remind the wonderful citizens of Hampton that their High Beams are on)

Upcoming mods:

[_] Exhaust [_]Subwoofers [_]More HID's [_]LED's [_]MORE LIGHTS!!! [_]Carr Light Bar w/ 3 or 4 in round off-road lights. [_]Black out Badges [_]Black out exhaust tips [_]Black out imitation skid plates on front and rear [_]Hopefully find a way to keep fogs, low beams, and high beams on at the same time

Jason