GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Default Happy Holidays/Merry Christmas ??

This time of the year more than any for me the PC crowd gives me a case of the alpha sierra sierra because of the use of Happy Holidays instead of the traditional and very correct Merry Christmas/Happy New Year. For me the last few years I always, and go out of my way to wish folk (especially sales clerks) a Merry Christmas and Happy New Year.
    Members, what say you? What do you do?
    Last edited by Goldie; 12-05-2013 at 06:49 PM. Reason: Mispelling

2. Likes summitwhite11 liked this post

I say bah humbug. :p
    Clint (TX) 2001 Silverado LS 4.8L auto 2wd ECSB [GARAGE]
    Gasoline or gunpowder: If you ain't burning one, you ain't having fun!
    NRA Endowment Member 5 24 48 88 - Hendrick Motorsports FTW!

Quote Originally Posted by McClintoc View Post
    I say bah humbug. :p
    I say this when my wife starts talking about all the stuff we need to get for the nieces, nephews, kid etc etc

Other than that I say Merry Christmas, Happy Thanksgiving, Happy Hanukka (if I know they are jewish).
    David
    2004 Silverado 2500 Crew Cab 4x4, AMSOIL EA air filter, Granatelli MAF sensor, Throttle body spacer, Magnaflow exhaust (true dual to 2 in 1 out muffler), 6" ProComp lift (add a leaf and 5" superlift rear block), Bilstein shocks, 35's (Cooper Disoverer ST) and 4.10 gears, Rhino Liner, EGRUSA fender Flares and widow visors, extended stainless steel brake lines, firestone airbags w/onboard air compressor, Pioneer Avic X940BT navigation, Accel backup camera.
    http://www.gmtruckclub.com/forum/sho...Silverado-2500
    1960 Land Rover Series II 88
    2001 Pontiac Sunfire
    2013 Toyota Avalon Limited (Wife's Car)
    NRA Life Member

When the clerk says happy holidays, I respond with "Merry Christmas".

1995 Silverado 4x4
    6" BDS Suspension Lift-3" Body Lift-Add A Leaf in rear -Trailmaster SSV Shocks-Duel Steering Stabilizer Kit -AirAid Cold air intake-
    4.56 Gears with Detroit Auburn Locker-Pro-Comp Traction Bars with duel shocks-Aluminum Skid Plate Kit-38.5" x 16.5" Mickey Thompson Baja Claws-Constant Dropping fuel gauge

2005 Yukon XL Jet Power Programmer, Bilstein Shocks, Bilstein rear springs, Helwig Anti-sway bars, EGR Window Visors, EGR Hood Shield, Denali Headlights, Headlight harness upgrade, GE NightHawk Bulbs, White Night Rear lighting system, Russell Braided SS brake lines, PowerStop Brake pads, PowerStop cross drilled and Slotted Rotors, http://www.gmtruckclub.com/forum/sho...5-GMC-Yukon-XL
    2002 Silverado ext cab 2wd (Sold)
    2003 Yukon XL (Totaled)

Work makes me say happy holidays on the phone (Apple has to be PC) but outside of work, Merry Christmas.
    2012 Chevy Captiva Sport LT V6 (The Spanish Prison)

MODS:

Cobra 19 Ultra II CB and some generic CB antenna.
    55W 10000K HID High Beams (just to remind the wonderful citizens of Hampton that their High Beams are on)

Upcoming mods:

[_] Exhaust [_]Subwoofers [_]More HID's [_]LED's [_]MORE LIGHTS!!! [_]Carr Light Bar w/ 3 or 4 in round off-road lights. [_]Black out Badges [_]Black out exhaust tips [_]Black out imitation skid plates on front and rear [_]Hopefully find a way to keep fogs, low beams, and high beams on at the same time

Jason

Put emphasis on CHRISTmas. Then usually someone gets mad at me either around me or the one who said "happy holiday". Also our local idiots wanted to change the Christmas parade to a Holiday parade..but in our area CHRISTmas overcame their nonsense and is here to stay.
    2009 Silvia~Superlift 6"~DropStars~Nitto Trail Graps~FSOR Catback~Madtunes Racing~4.10 gears~cleared headlights~hi-6

NNBS SILVERADO BUILD

Merry Christmas to all and safe travels!
    Chuckie!!!

Without a doubt, Merry Christmas, I am perfectly ok with the other for non christian ethnic groups, just as I am not going to partake in the holiday of choice for them, but there is a rhyme and a reason for the term Merry Christmas, and yes I challenge clerks to say Merry Christmas, when they say happy holidays to me, I look them in the eye and say, you do know what holiday this is right, if they indicate that they do, i simply say to them, then the propper greeting would be ......most of the time, they will smile and say Merry Christmas.
    Merry Christmas to all my GMTC friends.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails santa.jpg  
    Life is short compared to history

Rick (summitwhite11)