GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Default anti theft light comes on for no reason

i have this anti theft light on my dash,, looks like a locked lock.. and you can be driving along and it just comes on for no reason.
    once on a while it will come on when i turn on ignition and if it dosen't go out you gotta wait exactly 10 minutes to start it.
    but ifit comes on while driving it has no affect on the engine,,,,, can i disconnect this thing somehow? it is a pain.

terry m

you can buy a remote starter bypass and install it.($50-$80) If you do not understand or know the system well then I would suggest having someone who installs remote starters/alarms do it. I know a guy here that has been doing remote starters and alarms for over 25 years. I have a friend that was having a similar issue. I got them together and the remote start guy installed the bypass to turn on when the key was turned forward rather then when the remote stater engaged.

1995 Silverado 4x4
    6" BDS Suspension Lift-3" Body Lift-Add A Leaf in rear -Trailmaster SSV Shocks-Duel Steering Stabilizer Kit -AirAid Cold air intake-
    4.56 Gears with Detroit Auburn Locker-Pro-Comp Traction Bars with duel shocks-Aluminum Skid Plate Kit-38.5" x 16.5" Mickey Thompson Baja Claws-Constant Dropping fuel gauge

2005 Yukon XL Jet Power Programmer, Bilstein Shocks, Bilstein rear springs, Helwig Anti-sway bars, EGR Window Visors, EGR Hood Shield, Denali Headlights, Headlight harness upgrade, GE NightHawk Bulbs, White Night Rear lighting system, Russell Braided SS brake lines, PowerStop Brake pads, PowerStop cross drilled and Slotted Rotors, http://www.gmtruckclub.com/forum/sho...5-GMC-Yukon-XL
    2002 Silverado ext cab 2wd (Sold)
    2003 Yukon XL (Totaled)

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by redchev4x4 View Post
    i have this anti theft light on my dash,, looks like a locked lock.. and you can be driving along and it just comes on for no reason.
    once on a while it will come on when i turn on ignition and if it dosen't go out you gotta wait exactly 10 minutes to start it.
    but ifit comes on while driving it has no affect on the engine,,,,, can i disconnect this thing somehow? it is a pain.

terry m
    many with the older vehicles have this disabled . reason is to fix it is too costly. call a auto lock smith for more info $.