GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Default Chevy Traverse Tire Size

Looks like I'm going to need some new tires on the Traverse in the next few weeks.

All the way around the tires are P245/70R17 108S, and that's the same size tire that I'm going to keep. Just looking around for a deal on a good all-weather radial tire, anyone have any suggestions?

Steve
    10 Chevy Traverse LT AWD
    02 Chevy Trailblazer LS (110K+ miles - loaded except for 4WD - WRECKED!)
    99 Chevy Cavalier LS (105K+ miles - commuter car)
    78 Chevy Suburban Silverado (454, 3/4 ton)
    62 GMC 3/4 ton Pickup (350 police interceptor)

Remember: Search Before Posting | Fill out Your Profile & Signature
    Follow Us Please: facebook.com/gmtruckclub | twitter.com/gmtruckclub
    Support GMTC: Help the site, contribute today

Quote Originally Posted by Steve View Post
    Looks like I'm going to need some new tires on the Traverse in the next few weeks.

All the way around the tires are P245/70R17 108S, and that's the same size tire that I'm going to keep. Just looking around for a deal on a good all-weather radial tire, anyone have any suggestions?
    As with all tires you will get 1 million different views. I like Cooper tires and their discoverer AT3 (all terrain tires but they also have the HT and CTS line for more highway style) was getting great reviews when I was shopping around. They run about $145 each through discount/Americas tire co. Most their tires are made in the US (not positive on these as I know some tire lines are made in Chiner)
    David
    2004 Silverado 2500 Crew Cab 4x4, AMSOIL EA air filter, Granatelli MAF sensor, Throttle body spacer, Magnaflow exhaust (true dual to 2 in 1 out muffler), 6" ProComp lift (add a leaf and 5" superlift rear block), Bilstein shocks, 35's (Cooper Disoverer ST) and 4.10 gears, Rhino Liner, EGRUSA fender Flares and widow visors, extended stainless steel brake lines, firestone airbags w/onboard air compressor, Pioneer Avic X940BT navigation, Accel backup camera.
    http://www.gmtruckclub.com/forum/sho...Silverado-2500
    1960 Land Rover Series II 88
    2001 Pontiac Sunfire
    2013 Toyota Avalon Limited (Wife's Car)
    NRA Life Member

Quote Originally Posted by dsfloyd View Post
    As with all tires you will get 1 million different views. I like Cooper tires and their discoverer AT3 (all terrain tires but they also have the HT and CTS line for more highway style) was getting great reviews when I was shopping around. They run about $145 each through discount/Americas tire co. Most their tires are made in the US (not positive on these as I know some tire lines are made in Chiner)
    I ran a set of those very tires ds, they are excellent truck tires,awesome tire, funny and sadly true story , I began having flats out the whazoo on them, had a couple replaced for steel rods in the side walls, at one point the tire guy refused to patch a tire as it had 32 patch's on just the one tire, prolly over 50 on the six tires i went thur in a few months, I was always stranded changing a flat tire both day and night, pissed is an understatment, turned out the county commisioner had purchased some road gravel at a discount price, I had 2.4 miles of gravel road to my place, he purchased it on the cheap from the railroad, this rock was full of welding rods, metal pieces,etc. a neighbor informed me and the county paid for my tires but I didnt buy new ones, we had a road grader and a magnet crew on the road for a solid week working the gravel, and had flats for months, he wound up having to remove the rock and bring in more clean rock, true story no kidding. It was a nightmare. Needless to say, I ran with used tires for a few months.
    Life is short compared to history

Rick (summitwhite11)

Wow. That sounds like a qc problem to me.

Steve
    10 Chevy Traverse LT AWD
    02 Chevy Trailblazer LS (110K+ miles - loaded except for 4WD - WRECKED!)
    99 Chevy Cavalier LS (105K+ miles - commuter car)
    78 Chevy Suburban Silverado (454, 3/4 ton)
    62 GMC 3/4 ton Pickup (350 police interceptor)

Remember: Search Before Posting | Fill out Your Profile & Signature
    Follow Us Please: facebook.com/gmtruckclub | twitter.com/gmtruckclub
    Support GMTC: Help the site, contribute today

I've found that you can't go wrong with Nitto or Falken
    Chuckie!!!

Quote Originally Posted by summitwhite11 View Post
    I ran a set of those very tires ds, they are excellent truck tires,awesome tire, funny and sadly true story , I began having flats out the whazoo on them, had a couple replaced for steel rods in the side walls, at one point the tire guy refused to patch a tire as it had 32 patch's on just the one tire, prolly over 50 on the six tires i went thur in a few months, I was always stranded changing a flat tire both day and night, pissed is an understatment, turned out the county commisioner had purchased some road gravel at a discount price, I had 2.4 miles of gravel road to my place, he purchased it on the cheap from the railroad, this rock was full of welding rods, metal pieces,etc. a neighbor informed me and the county paid for my tires but I didnt buy new ones, we had a road grader and a magnet crew on the road for a solid week working the gravel, and had flats for months, he wound up having to remove the rock and bring in more clean rock, true story no kidding. It was a nightmare. Needless to say, I ran with used tires for a few months.
    Wow I laugh only because it didn't happen to me, but that definitely would suck.
    David
    2004 Silverado 2500 Crew Cab 4x4, AMSOIL EA air filter, Granatelli MAF sensor, Throttle body spacer, Magnaflow exhaust (true dual to 2 in 1 out muffler), 6" ProComp lift (add a leaf and 5" superlift rear block), Bilstein shocks, 35's (Cooper Disoverer ST) and 4.10 gears, Rhino Liner, EGRUSA fender Flares and widow visors, extended stainless steel brake lines, firestone airbags w/onboard air compressor, Pioneer Avic X940BT navigation, Accel backup camera.
    http://www.gmtruckclub.com/forum/sho...Silverado-2500
    1960 Land Rover Series II 88
    2001 Pontiac Sunfire
    2013 Toyota Avalon Limited (Wife's Car)
    NRA Life Member