GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Default 2009 Silverado EBC GreenStuff Brake Pad Upgrade Questions

Hey guys, it's been a while since I have posted anything, it's been a busy semester and quite a few little things are happening to the truck. I recently purchased a Rough Country Leveling Kit that will be soon put on. Anyways, my question is, has anyone changed their front pads from stock/OEM to "better" brake pads such as EBC? If so, do I need any additional hardware? http://www.autoanything.com/brakes/61A3070A0A0.aspx it says "custom fit" for your vehicle but does not mention needing any new brackets, I already ordered and received these brakes and will be turning the STOCK rotors and using these new pads.

Hakuna Matata!

I doubt any modification would be needed. Should just be fit for make and model which is why it states custom fit
    David
    2004 Silverado 2500 Crew Cab 4x4, AMSOIL EA air filter, Granatelli MAF sensor, Throttle body spacer, Magnaflow exhaust (true dual to 2 in 1 out muffler), 6" ProComp lift (add a leaf and 5" superlift rear block), Bilstein shocks, 35's (Cooper Disoverer ST) and 4.10 gears, Rhino Liner, EGRUSA fender Flares and widow visors, extended stainless steel brake lines, firestone airbags w/onboard air compressor, Pioneer Avic X940BT navigation, Accel backup camera.
    http://www.gmtruckclub.com/forum/sho...Silverado-2500
    1960 Land Rover Series II 88
    2001 Pontiac Sunfire
    2013 Toyota Avalon Limited (Wife's Car)
    NRA Life Member

Quote Originally Posted by dsfloyd View Post
    I doubt any modification would be needed. Should just be fit for make and model which is why it states custom fit
    I agree. You should be good to go. Most quality pad sets come with new hardware anyway (the metal pieces that clip on the mounting bracket in which the pad ears slide on)

1995 Silverado 4x4
    6" BDS Suspension Lift-3" Body Lift-Add A Leaf in rear -Trailmaster SSV Shocks-Duel Steering Stabilizer Kit -AirAid Cold air intake-
    4.56 Gears with Detroit Auburn Locker-Pro-Comp Traction Bars with duel shocks-Aluminum Skid Plate Kit-38.5" x 16.5" Mickey Thompson Baja Claws-Constant Dropping fuel gauge

2005 Yukon XL Jet Power Programmer, Bilstein Shocks, Bilstein rear springs, Helwig Anti-sway bars, EGR Window Visors, EGR Hood Shield, Denali Headlights, Headlight harness upgrade, GE NightHawk Bulbs, White Night Rear lighting system, Russell Braided SS brake lines, PowerStop Brake pads, PowerStop cross drilled and Slotted Rotors, http://www.gmtruckclub.com/forum/sho...5-GMC-Yukon-XL
    2002 Silverado ext cab 2wd (Sold)
    2003 Yukon XL (Totaled)

The reason why I'm hesitant is that, on the box it says "British Made Quality Brakes" I don't think there are very many NBS Silverados driving around the United Kingdom. The box had 4 pads for the front and some slide rail lube, NO brackets. This weekend hopefully I will have time to pull out the old set and compare. If anyone else has upgraded to EBC brakes on their trucks, any input would be helpful. Thank you dsfloyd and Pikey for responding!

Sr. Mechanic

If its not made by Lucus, you should be alright!

Quote Originally Posted by zuki82 View Post
    If its not made by Lucus, you should be alright!
    Ha, I may be one of the few to get this (I have a 1960 Land Rover)

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tungsten23 View Post
    The reason why I'm hesitant is that, on the box it says "British Made Quality Brakes" I don't think there are very many NBS Silverados driving around the United Kingdom. The box had 4 pads for the front and some slide rail lube, NO brackets. This weekend hopefully I will have time to pull out the old set and compare. If anyone else has upgraded to EBC brakes on their trucks, any input would be helpful. Thank you dsfloyd and Pikey for responding!

I have always heard good things about EBC
    David
    2004 Silverado 2500 Crew Cab 4x4, AMSOIL EA air filter, Granatelli MAF sensor, Throttle body spacer, Magnaflow exhaust (true dual to 2 in 1 out muffler), 6" ProComp lift (add a leaf and 5" superlift rear block), Bilstein shocks, 35's (Cooper Disoverer ST) and 4.10 gears, Rhino Liner, EGRUSA fender Flares and widow visors, extended stainless steel brake lines, firestone airbags w/onboard air compressor, Pioneer Avic X940BT navigation, Accel backup camera.
    http://www.gmtruckclub.com/forum/sho...Silverado-2500
    1960 Land Rover Series II 88
    2001 Pontiac Sunfire
    2013 Toyota Avalon Limited (Wife's Car)
    NRA Life Member

Sr. Mechanic

Yeah, I have a 65 BSA chopper! As for the EBC pads, let us know, I need some new pads on my truck soon!

These new pads are MUCH better than stock, they will bite down hard when you are doing a panic brake on the highway, they were an easy install, just used the old brake brackets, the lube was high quality (it came with the brake pad set). You guys should try EBC GreenStuff Brakes, I like them, so far haven't noticed brake dust problems.