GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Line Out Converter install help. Need to know what wires to splice

As you know I have a 2012 Chevy Captiva Sport LT, and I am going to be installing 2 12" subs and a 1200 W amp. Only problem is, I have no idea which wires to splice behind the radio to wire my Line out Converter up. I'm looking to splice into the rear door speakers for my signal.

If anyone has the wiring diagram for the radio that would be fantastic!
    2012 Chevy Captiva Sport LT V6 (The Spanish Prison)

MODS:

Cobra 19 Ultra II CB and some generic CB antenna.
    55W 10000K HID High Beams (just to remind the wonderful citizens of Hampton that their High Beams are on)

Upcoming mods:

[_] Exhaust [_]Subwoofers [_]More HID's [_]LED's [_]MORE LIGHTS!!! [_]Carr Light Bar w/ 3 or 4 in round off-road lights. [_]Black out Badges [_]Black out exhaust tips [_]Black out imitation skid plates on front and rear [_]Hopefully find a way to keep fogs, low beams, and high beams on at the same time

Jason

Cant help with the diagram but can offer this, if your captivia has a factory amp (ex Bose package in siverados) be sure to hit the wires before they go into it.

Good luck with the install, let us know how you make out and enjoy the upgrade!
    "The best things in life aren't things"

2007 Chevy Silverado Classic 1500
    Ext Cab 4wd LT
    Check out my garage
    http://www.NStarWindow.com

Quote Originally Posted by FrigginNoodles View Post
    Cant help with the diagram but can offer this, if your captivia has a factory amp (ex Bose package in siverados) be sure to hit the wires before they go into it.

Good luck with the install, let us know how you make out and enjoy the upgrade!
    the premium audio is in the LTZ's. one thing I wish I had.

MODS:

55W 10000K HID High Beams (just to remind the wonderful citizens of Hampton that their High Beams are on)

Upcoming mods:

[_] Exhaust [_]Subwoofers [_]More HID's [_]LED's [_]MORE LIGHTS!!! [_]Carr Light Bar w/ 3 or 4 in round off-road lights. [_]Black out Badges [_]Black out exhaust tips [_]Black out imitation skid plates on front and rear [_]Hopefully find a way to keep fogs, low beams, and high beams on at the same time

Jason

Quote Originally Posted by Camaro69car View Post
    As you know I have a 2012 Chevy Captiva Sport LT, and I am going to be installing 2 12" subs and a 1200 W amp. Only problem is, I have no idea which wires to splice behind the radio to wire my Line out Converter up. I'm looking to splice into the rear door speakers for my signal.

If anyone has the wiring diagram for the radio that would be fantastic!
    http://www.the12volt.com/
    Life is short compared to history

Rick (summitwhite11)

5. Thanks Camaro69car thanked for this post

Quote Originally Posted by summitwhite11 View Post
    they didnt have it yet, put in a request.

MODS:

Upcoming mods:

Jason

still no luck finding these wires.

MODS:

Upcoming mods:

Jason

Does anyone know how long it usually takes 12 volt to find the wires?

MODS:

Upcoming mods:

Jason

I hooked my line out converter right out of the door speaker wires..Also my radio has the Bose amp in it but my line out converter has the ability to turn down the input from the amp. I kept the door speakers hooked up and just spliced off of them and it works fine for me. This is what im using...$18.00 at walmart.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	0003399198486_180X180.jpg 
Views:	14 
Size:	6.9 KB 
ID:	56717

2011 Silverado CrewCab 5.3L*Ram Air Look Cowl Induction Reflexxion Hood*6" Pro Comp Lift*Flowmaster Dual exhaust*Perfect Launch Rear Diff. Cover*Led Smoke Taillights*L.E.D.Smoke 3rd Brakelight*60" L.E.D. Tailgate Bar*Rearview Mirror Reverse Camera and Sensors*Smoke Headlight Covers*Front Bumper Grill Insert*Deezee Black Alum. Diamond Rail covers*20" Ultra Motorsports Rims wrapped with 35.5"B.F. Goodrich Tires*Inchannel Raingaurds*CAI*Bullydog GT Tuner*Alpine Amp*Boss 6x9's*Boston Acoustic Subs*Terrantula Tweeters*Custom Sub box*Red Led Interior Accents*5% Ultimacool duo tint rear window and doors, 20% front doors*Custom Vinyl Graphics*Demolded*Debadged*Painted drums and calipers*
    Future Mods Include: Custom Interior Hydrographics, Electronic Rollup Toneau Cover, 4.56 Gears, Painted rear bumper

My problem is that I dont want to pull off my door panels to find out what wires power what speaker. I guess I'll just play the waiting game or take it to a shop to put it in.

MODS:

Upcoming mods:

Jason

If you can take it to a shop to put it in then they should be able to tell you what color wires your looking for. I cant imagine a shop not telling you just so they can earn your business of putting it in themselves. If they wont help you out on that then I would take my possibly other business(and word of mouth) to a shop that would tell me.. Sometimes free knowledgeable help to potential customers like this could make a business thrive after awhile IMO.

A shop did this for me once and 6 months later I went to them to get a new alarm/disarm remote starter key fob. They got me for 100 bucks on that one.

2011 Silverado CrewCab 5.3L*Ram Air Look Cowl Induction Reflexxion Hood*6" Pro Comp Lift*Flowmaster Dual exhaust*Perfect Launch Rear Diff. Cover*Led Smoke Taillights*L.E.D.Smoke 3rd Brakelight*60" L.E.D. Tailgate Bar*Rearview Mirror Reverse Camera and Sensors*Smoke Headlight Covers*Front Bumper Grill Insert*Deezee Black Alum. Diamond Rail covers*20" Ultra Motorsports Rims wrapped with 35.5"B.F. Goodrich Tires*Inchannel Raingaurds*CAI*Bullydog GT Tuner*Alpine Amp*Boss 6x9's*Boston Acoustic Subs*Terrantula Tweeters*Custom Sub box*Red Led Interior Accents*5% Ultimacool duo tint rear window and doors, 20% front doors*Custom Vinyl Graphics*Demolded*Debadged*Painted drums and calipers*
    Future Mods Include: Custom Interior Hydrographics, Electronic Rollup Toneau Cover, 4.56 Gears, Painted rear bumper

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast