GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Default Just more then a little confused

So I have searched n read n researched and still have the same question as when I started!!

Will a 315/75R16 Nitto Mud Grappler fit on a stock 2001 silverado rim? I have a 2001 Chevrolet Silverado step side 2wd with a 4.5" Rough Country lift kit so I know they will fit on the truck with just a little modification to the inside of the fenders but....the only rims I have are the stock ones. I plan on moving up to a 16-10 DC-2 next summer but I can't afford it right now. I have found that most people say that they'll fit but there is question if people will mount them and how safe it is. Has anyone run this size with these rims? Or has anyone seen it done?

Any clarification would be greatly appreciated thanks guys!!

JB
    Jville Lean
    Why Squat when you can Lean?

2001 Chevrolet Silverado Stepside:
    Gibson side exhaust, Airaid CAI, Daystar Leveling kit, Diablosport Predator, Deezee Black Bull bar, KC Daylighters, GT styling smoked headlight covers, Wilson 2 meter, Uniden VHF, Radioshak Whip antenna, 5% tint all around, Sony Xplode radio, blacked out bow tie and 3rd brake light...More to come REAL soon
    :fighting0040:

Not correctly, no. I wider wheel is needed. Otherwise your just going to wear the crap out of the center of the tread and only get a fraction of the life expectancy of the tires.
    Chuckie!!!