GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Default Recommended mileage on drive train fluid exchanges? Also plugs and coolant?

Valvoline told me the first change should of been a 30k on the differentials, 40k on the transfer case, and 50k on the tranny. Does this sound right to you?

I am not sure about what the radiator coolant is suppose to be changed at. But I heard plugs and wires are at 100k?

Legend

if with the eaton locking diff you should have the cover removed and box cleaned at 3,000 miles.

then at the 30-40,ooo miles replace all the drive train fluids.transmission pan removed cleaned and new filter. repeat again at 30-40,ooo miles. this will protect from wear with normal truck use.

with plowing or trailering this should be done every year.

at every oil change inspect all drivetrain fluids for level and condition. make sure the people doing this work use the proper fluids. give them the list of what fluid is used .

an example is tracII is the transfercase fluid they may use dexron III.

transmission uses dexron VI not dexron III.. etc...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by theflatlander View Post
    Valvoline told me the first change should of been a 30k on the differentials, 40k on the transfer case, and 50k on the tranny. Does this sound right to you?

I am not sure about what the radiator coolant is suppose to be changed at. But I heard plugs and wires are at 100k?
    plugs are good for 50,000miles GM says 100k. wires if with dielectric grease on the boot ends can last the life of the vehicle. resistance is checked and with the grease in the boot ends these will not fail ..

coolant is good for 3 years. using distilled water and 65% dexcool you will have no problems. I don't . I have one going on 19 yrs. with this fluid interval.

Knowing your vehicle would help, knowing where you live would help.

Here is the GM schedule for my vehicle, it is in kilometers, you can change it miles, or look for the US site.

http://www.gm.ca/gm/english/owner_ce...olet_avalanche

80,000 km = 50,000 miles.
    120,000 km = 75,000 miles.
    Ray

'09 Avalanche LTZ - Black
    '05 Envoy XL (sold)