GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Thread: Hacker attack?

Default Hacker attack?

Is the forum under a hacker attack? Every time I try to sign in from my bookmark, I get a page that says "Hacked By... And then a bunch of Arabic stuff.

The only way I have been able too get to the forum is to Google search on "gmtruckclub" nd then click on the home page link in the search results.

Since the site is still responsive once I am in, it doesn't look like the attack is too bad.

Looks like you have been going to gmctruckclub.com ... which is not affiliated to this forum.

Steve
    10 Chevy Traverse LT AWD
    02 Chevy Trailblazer LS (110K+ miles - loaded except for 4WD - WRECKED!)
    99 Chevy Cavalier LS (105K+ miles - commuter car)
    78 Chevy Suburban Silverado (454, 3/4 ton)
    62 GMC 3/4 ton Pickup (350 police interceptor)

Remember: Search Before Posting | Fill out Your Profile & Signature
    Follow Us Please: facebook.com/gmtruckclub | twitter.com/gmtruckclub
    Support GMTC: Help the site, contribute today

Quote Originally Posted by Steve View Post
    Looks like you have been going to gmctruckclub.com ... which is not affiliated to this forum.
    Yeah, my bad. Total false alarm. I use google chrome. Today I deleted all my internet history because my tiny laptop drive was getting burdened. I lost my "Recent" tiles on the chrome page, so I fat fingered the IP address into the address bar. Naturally chrome saved it as a "Recent" tile. Naturally I tried to use it a couple more times.

You gave me my heart aerobics for the week though. I was out with my kid at the home Depot getting a new door bottom threshold and I was like ... We gotta go. Lol. I clicked the link though and it's all good.

Steve
    10 Chevy Traverse LT AWD

You gave me my heart aerobics for the week though. I was out with my kid at the home Depot getting a new door bottom threshold and I was like ... We gotta go. Lol. I clicked the link though and it's all good.
    Sorry bout the sudden circulatory exercise. Like I told you in the pm, I am probably gun shy. I belong to another forum, (Cadtutor.net) because I do computer drafting using AutoCad, and it had a denial of service hack this past spring that eventually resulted in a banner page similar to the one at gmctruckclub dot com. They had to take down the site and rebuild it with a heavy security update included. It took them three days. It is also based on Vbulletin. That one started with the site starting to run slow in the morning, and then slower, and slower, until it stopped. that hack came from the middle east, too.

The next time I see something weird, I will check my spelling before yelling fire.

Then again what are the odds another site just one letter different would look like that. It is probably some sort of phishing trap or trojan farm. I think I will run a comprehensive virus scan tonight.

I found this funny. Sorry Steve. At the same time thinking I need to log off in case it was hacked.
    2006 Silverado 1500 5.3L ecsb Z71,afe pro s dry air filter, color matched tailgate handle and bezel,color matched front bow tie, led interior illumination, 5000K HID lows, Black powder coated wheels, Blacked out body side moldings, Rough Country 2.5" level/lift kit, Magnaflow muffler

We've got plans to move off vbulletin at some point next year. No plans definite yet though.

Steve
    10 Chevy Traverse LT AWD