GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Threaded View

Default Help a noob buy a 2014 Lifted Silverado…. What's a fair price for truck with mods?

Hey fellas,

New guy here to the boards. Retired military of 20 years and just got hired on with a new company making some pretty good money in addition to my pension rolling in every month. Looking for a new truck and I'm a chevy guy so it's either gonna be a Silverado or Sierra…. Browsed around a little yesterday and found a beautiful truck that has everything I want….. I have a few desires and I found it in this truck...

1. I want the truck already lifted if possible with black rims and bigger tires….. I've settled on a 6" lift and some 35's that are already on this truck…. It's a 1500 Silverado with the 5.3 ECotec…. Nav, cloth seats, power everything… It's a silver truck sitting on black Pro Comp 20" wheels, 35's, with a 6" pro comp lift and predator bars. The speedo has been recalibrated already…. where I need help is finding a fair price for this truck. I took a picture of the build sheet and the dealer installed options (lift, predator bars, rims, tires, speedo recal) and here's the breakdown:

Standard vehicle price without option is 38,325

MSRP with options (LT Plus package and Allstar edition) is 44,730 (options came to 6160)

Now here's where I need the help…. I know that there is a bit of flex room in between the MSRP and the fair price for the truck. I'm thinking that there about 2,000 in there for dealer profit that I could maybe get down to 1,000 over dealer invoice which i'm thinking is around 42,000 or so….

Now here's where it's interesting…. The dealer installed options of lift, tires, wheels, predator bars, speedo recal, and the labor to do all that THEY list at 9995.00 bringing the total cost of the truck to 54,725….. Now here's where I need your help. I know a lift does NOT cost 10 grand….. I'm imagining the lift parts cost 1500-2000… wheels are probably another 1400, tires another 1600 and i'm estimating high…. bars maybe 500 bucks…. that puts those parts at about 5500….. 10 hours to install at an average shop rate of about 100 bucks per hour is another grand….. so grand total of $6500 for a 6" lift, those pro comp wheels/tires, and the step up bars…..I posted some pictures of the truck with this post but I really want to hear everyones opinion on a fair offer for this truck…. They want 54,725. I have a trade in that is worth about 4K….. I was thinking if the TOTAL price that I finance was around 48K I'd be happy to include sales tax, title, license, blah blah blah…..

Or should I RUN from this dealership as fast as possible, buy the same truck not lifted and simply do it myself? the downside of that is that I wouldn't be able to finance the lift/rims/tires into the cost of the truck which i'm hoping to be able to do….. thanks for any help guys...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 20131206_125526.jpg   20131206_125344-1.jpg   20131206_125336.jpg