GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Well I will just throw this out... Why give the dealer any more money that you already have to? And why pay interest on lift, tires, wheels, stepbars, for 5 or 6 or now 7 year car loan? If you don't have extra cash in savings...then I can see your choice to finance...but considering what those parts actually cost...you could save quite a bit of money to just lift it yourself. The truck does look very sweet though, but my advice is save the cash and do it yourself. Like others mentioned, alot of tire shops offer 12 mos. same as cash for a tire/wheel purchase...so that could get you 12 payments with no interest. I just don't see a benefit to financing those upgrades over 5 or 6 years of payments and paying interest.

Good luck with whatever you decide though!
    2014 Chevrolet Silverado Z71 4x4 | 2.5" level/lift | 275/70/18 Goodyear Wrangler Duratrac

Sometimes the interest rate is low enough on a new vehicle that it doesnt cost much more to add the goodies on. My only recomendation is to add in what a gear change will cost for your diff's because Im almost positive you wont be happy with stock gearing and that size tire. Especially after driving it for a while and you begin to "know" the truck. But that can always be done after purchase also.

I tell ya these trucks are getting to be the price of what you can get a house for. Crazy just crazy.
    Last edited by the phantom; 12-10-2013 at 05:16 PM.

2011 Silverado CrewCab 5.3L*Ram Air Look Cowl Induction Reflexxion Hood*6" Pro Comp Lift*Flowmaster Dual exhaust*Perfect Launch Rear Diff. Cover*Led Smoke Taillights*L.E.D.Smoke 3rd Brakelight*60" L.E.D. Tailgate Bar*Rearview Mirror Reverse Camera and Sensors*Smoke Headlight Covers*Front Bumper Grill Insert*Deezee Black Alum. Diamond Rail covers*20" Ultra Motorsports Rims wrapped with 35.5"B.F. Goodrich Tires*Inchannel Raingaurds*CAI*Bullydog GT Tuner*Alpine Amp*Boss 6x9's*Boston Acoustic Subs*Terrantula Tweeters*Custom Sub box*Red Led Interior Accents*5% Ultimacool duo tint rear window and doors, 20% front doors*Custom Vinyl Graphics*Demolded*Debadged*Painted drums and calipers*
    Future Mods Include: Custom Interior Hydrographics, Electronic Rollup Toneau Cover, 4.56 Gears, Painted rear bumper

This info might help you. I bought a new Z71 crew cab in 08 and had it lifted. I went with 20" chrome rockstars 35" Mickey Thompsons and 6" pro comp lift. My dealer charged me $4,700 do to that, which was thousands less than if I bought one they already had setting on the lot lifted.
    As far as price for a new one. For reference I just bought a 14 sierra all terrain. Sticker was $49,918.00. I ended up getting it for $44,900.00. So about 5K off of MSRP. Just one more thing I will throw out there. I loved the way my lifted truck looked. The lift and big tires killed the power and gas mileage and when I went to sell it the bank would only loan the new buyer book value so if you finance the lift and stuff into it you are immediately way upside down.

Quote Originally Posted by the phantom View Post
    Sometimes the interest rate is low enough on a new vehicle that it doesnt cost much more to add the goodies on. My only recomendation is to add in what a gear change will cost for your diff's because Im almost positive you wont be happy with stock gearing and that size tire. Especially after driving it for a while and you begin to "know" the truck. But that can always be done after purchase also.

I tell ya these trucks are getting to be the price of what you can get a house for. Crazy just crazy.
    I hear ya, and I totally understand if you get 0% financing...but if you are paying interest (whatever it maybe) I can't see why to let the dealer make even that much more...plus GMAC or Ally will be making a killing off the payment. If you can afford to buy the parts...buy the parts and do it yourself.

And yea, the price of these trucks is getting crazy...My buddy (who has a Hummer jacked up and lifted) and I were just talking about vehicle costs, and the costs of parts. And him and I agreed, and this is NOT meant to offend anybody... Consumers should not be buying $30k, $40k, or $50k cars or trucks who can't afford to buy tires or brakes or whatever upgrade. If you can't afford buying $1,500 tires...you have no business buying a $50k vehicle.
    My buddy was telling me about his friend who bought a Corvette a couple years ago, and always has to "save up" to buy brake upgrades and tires, etc. Seriously? He wants to tell his buddy to get a Chevy Cruz so he can afford the $400/set of 4 tires.

I guess that's the beauty of our credit system...anybody can get approved to finance anything.

Quote Originally Posted by GeorgiaZ71 View Post
    I hear ya, and I totally understand if you get 0% financing...but if you are paying interest (whatever it maybe) I can't see why to let the dealer make even that much more...plus GMAC or Ally will be making a killing off the payment. If you can afford to buy the parts...buy the parts and do it yourself.
    I looked into doing my truck myself and it wasnt worth it.. With even financing the truck already done including interest which was 3% (my own bank) I still think I came out about 5k ahead.. My MSRP was 63500 with all the addons give or take 500 and I walked out paying 41k. Didnt have a trade in or anything. truck had 150 miles on it but considered new. I talked to another guy that had the same truck but a 2012 (but I talked to him a year after I bought mine) and he told me they gave him 22k for his trade in of a 2010 silverado and his balance was 41k after his trade in.. I was like WHAT!!!!??? You gave them your truck and 41k... I didnt have the heart to tell him he got ripped. I looked at my truck stock and added up all the goodies that were added on and I was looking at about 48k give or take 500 bucks. So the right deal can be out there if you look hard enough. Ive had a few people that have looked into buying new chevy's that do not believe I paid what I did. Im glad I took the route I did. Besides the package not having the gearing done for the bigger tires, Im satisfied.

Legend
    Blog Entries

OP did you get the truck?

Back in 2005 I bought a brand new regency conversion for $75,000, drop dead gorgeous truck with no balls because of gearing. Same setup as yours, but mine was custom two toned and a lot of other crap. 4 years later it sold for $20,000 at a sheriffs auction, think twice before you buy one.
    2004 Chevy Colorado
    LS1 5.7 swap/TBSS rear axle swap

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12