GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Question New 04 Suburban LT Owner desparately needs help!

Greetings!

Yesterday, I purchased my first Suburban - a 2004 LT which I couldn't be more thrilled with! I am about to embark on a 2,500 mile trip across country and I need a little help figuring out all of the gizmos - including some after-market devices. Here are my questions:

1) There is an aftermarket DVD player installed in the ceiling. I'm not sure what the model number is, but the included instruction manual says Audiovox Prov710/Prov710S/Prov710P. When I insert a disc, the video plays fine, but I can not figure out how to get audio either to the back seat or to the whole car in general.

2) Installed in the front is an aftermarket navigation system from Pioneer. The head unit is: AVIC-80DVD and then there is an AVD-W6210 display unit. The car did not come with the navigatoin DVD's and there is a gray screen that says 'Please insert appropriate disc'. I assume I need to purchase a disc to get the system to work. However - again, I can not seem to get the car to recognize the audio from this unit. There is a CD/AUX button on the factory CD player which I can see is worn, but does not seem to do anything. The source button cycles through FM1/FM2/AM/XM1/XM2 but nothing about either the ceiling mounted DVD player in the back or the navigation unit in the front. Any ideas how I might proceed?

3) Can anybody walk me through the basic functionality of the climate control system? I think I've figured out how to make it work from the driver's seat (control panel on the front) but I haven't figured how to transfer/block control to and from the back seat. Also - I can't figure out what the controls above your head are for - I don't understand how they relate to the settings you enter on the climate control system.

4) Audio system - Is there a simple explanation for how to operate (similar to question 3) the audio system as far as listening to separate channels in the front and back? I see there are controls in the 2nd row but can't seem to independantly control the audio source, and again - the sources are limited (Only FM and XM are available in the 2nd row)

Sorry to barrage with the questions, but this information would be really helpful to have when traveling with 2 children under the age of 3 on a 5 day car trip! Thanks for your help!
    Last edited by hestaman; 08-01-2008 at 09:53 AM.

Congrat's on the new Sub'! I'd like to help, as I have an '04 C/C, but I don't have even one of the options you listed. I'm sure there are some Sub' folks on the site that can help out. Good luck on your trip!

2010 Z/71 Colorado C/C
    Black 4X4 w/5.3L V8
    ===============
    2007 Winnebago Adventurer
    w/8.1L Chevy & Allison 6spd.
    Canyon Lake, Texas