GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 1 of 2 12 Last Post byLast Post by

Default Christmas Shopping

Im trying to complete my Christmas shopping early this year (I am a big procrastinator) and now I know why I procrastinate. I can NEVER find anything for my girlfriend. I mean there are alot of things I can get her, but I dont know where to start. What color should I get, what style, and the big one, if she'll like it or not. I always get overwhelmed with it lol. Today I went to four stores and didnt get anything. Im about to give her a couple hundred bucks and tell her to buy herself gifts and I'll wrap them.

Anyone else have trouble or is it just me?
    -K&N Air Filter

I think every guy has that problem. I have 3 daughters (adults), no problem buying things for them. I can never find the right thing for my wife. Everything I have bought her gets returned. I'm sure if this year I found the perfect gift, it would be returned for a different colour, sigggghhhhhh.
    Ray

'09 Avalanche LTZ - Black
    '05 Envoy XL (sold)

With 3 kids my wife and I do not get each other much. We basically tell each other what we want and that is what we end up getting. Before kids I always just bought her jewelry. A diamond cross or diamond earrings are never the wrong size. Now that we max our spending on each other to around $25 the jewelery thing does not happen. The last few years we have taken any craftsmen tools that need to be exchanged and exchanged them, then we wrap them for us. It is all about the kids and having more for us to open with them makes it fun for them. I do the rest of my shopping online. If you have a .edu email address you can get amazon prime (free 2 day shipping) for free for 3 months and then for $35 a year after that. I just order everything and have it shipped to the house. It is easy and returns are easy also. I live 3 miles from great lakes crossing mall. Every my goal is to not step foot in that place after Halloween. I have succeeded the last 2 years. The traffic from that place makes getting home from anywhere terrible.

1995 Silverado 4x4
    6" BDS Suspension Lift-3" Body Lift-Add A Leaf in rear -Trailmaster SSV Shocks-Duel Steering Stabilizer Kit -AirAid Cold air intake-
    4.56 Gears with Detroit Auburn Locker-Pro-Comp Traction Bars with duel shocks-Aluminum Skid Plate Kit-38.5" x 16.5" Mickey Thompson Baja Claws-Constant Dropping fuel gauge

2005 Yukon XL Jet Power Programmer, Bilstein Shocks, Bilstein rear springs, Helwig Anti-sway bars, EGR Window Visors, EGR Hood Shield, Denali Headlights, Headlight harness upgrade, GE NightHawk Bulbs, White Night Rear lighting system, Russell Braided SS brake lines, PowerStop Brake pads, PowerStop cross drilled and Slotted Rotors, http://www.gmtruckclub.com/forum/sho...5-GMC-Yukon-XL
    2002 Silverado ext cab 2wd (Sold)
    2003 Yukon XL (Totaled)

Legend
    Blog Entries

You guys need to get women who likes what you like, my boyfriend buys me stuff for my truck and car and I do the same for him. I would never return anything he bought me, it's the thought that counts.
    2004 Chevy Colorado
    LS1 5.7 swap/TBSS rear axle swap

I'm lucky that my girlfriend just adds everything she want to my amazon wish list so I always know what to get her.

1996 Chevy Tahoe LT 5.7L V8 4X4 205,000+ miles. Built proudly at Janesville Assembly in Janesville, Wisconsin
    Basic mods: Lights all over, bunch of electrical work, and a couple cooling mods.

Check out my other mods in My Garage: http://www.gmtruckclub.com/forum/sho...t-Tahoe-4-Door

My wife and I are somewhat practical and spoiled, as weve gotten older and earn more but have less bills to pay we found buying for each other at special times is hard since we buy what we want when we find good deals.
    Its probably been 5 years since theres been to/from either of us under the tree.

I'm with Tbplus10, we don't but each other anything either. We go on a winter vacation every year and enjoy time in the sun together. Now the kids and grand kids are another story $$$$$$$$$$$$$$.
    2007 LTZ, SOM

Quote Originally Posted by TRPLXL2 View Post
    You guys need to get women who likes what you like, my boyfriend buys me stuff for my truck and car and I do the same for him. I would never return anything he bought me, it's the thought that counts.
    My wife is into what I am. Before we were married she bought me 2 new 36" dick cepeck radial fun country tires for my 95, my sister bought the other 2. One year she bought me the posi-lok 4 actuator for my truck and another the remote starter. Again, this was before kids. She asked for jack stands one year because putting her cavalier that she had at the time on my 12 ton jack stands (which she bought for my birthday one year) was a little crazy. At this time in our lives vehicle mods are not top priority, keeping them running is. I don't know of many mods to put on a dodge grand caravan anyway.

I must say my wife and I have been together for 4 years and yeah I'm clueless as to what to get her. Usually when I don't know what to get I just buy something really expensive and hope for the best! Haha

2011 Chevrolet Silverado 5.3L LT
    Line-X bed--Line-X Aries Step Bars--Blacked out bow ties--Flowmaster exhaust--Black low-profile UWS toolbox--Weathertec floor mats--5% tint all around--2" leveling kit--Removed front air dam--K&N 77 Series CAI--Diablo Trinity--Diablew custom tune...

Ugh. I'm getting hints for jewelry this year.

Steve
    10 Chevy Traverse LT AWD
    02 Chevy Trailblazer LS (110K+ miles - loaded except for 4WD - WRECKED!)
    99 Chevy Cavalier LS (105K+ miles - commuter car)
    78 Chevy Suburban Silverado (454, 3/4 ton)
    62 GMC 3/4 ton Pickup (350 police interceptor)

Remember: Search Before Posting | Fill out Your Profile & Signature
    * I've been saying for years that I was going to change my username, and I finally did.

Page 1 of 2 12 Last Post byLast Post by