GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 1 of 2 12 Last Post byLast Post by

Thread: Sad Day...

Default Sad Day...

Well Folks as some of you know My profile name is from our Golden retriever. Well he turned 10 Nov 28th and passed away from Cancer Dec 5th. He was great friend and kept us all happy and amused, and is sadly missed by all. Here is a picture from Sept when he still was able to hide his illness from us. We shaved him every summer as he was so active....
    He was a great master of keeping it hidden, we had him checked early in the summer as we felt something was up, but all tests found nothing. Anyway enjoy them while they are with us....

Thanks Pat.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Jake Sept 1.jpg  
    Finally a signature and Avatar! I also posted some pics in the Gallery.
    2011 2500HD Crew Cab 4X4 Z71 6Liter.
    2011 Outback Travel Trailer 260FL
    So Happy to not be on the edge of GVWR Over Load!!

Sorry to hear your loss Pat.
    I hate to call friends like Jake "our pets" as they become much more than that, they are family and their loss is just as hard as if it were one of your children.
    My condolences on your loss.

Sorry to hear and Jake's a beautiful dog. They are family.. Im also facing a dog getting older and I can see the arthritis in her legs when she gets up from laying down bother her. Mines going on 12 and Im hoping for a few good years yet. They will always be missed.

2011 Silverado CrewCab 5.3L*Ram Air Look Cowl Induction Reflexxion Hood*6" Pro Comp Lift*Flowmaster Dual exhaust*Perfect Launch Rear Diff. Cover*Led Smoke Taillights*L.E.D.Smoke 3rd Brakelight*60" L.E.D. Tailgate Bar*Rearview Mirror Reverse Camera and Sensors*Smoke Headlight Covers*Front Bumper Grill Insert*Deezee Black Alum. Diamond Rail covers*20" Ultra Motorsports Rims wrapped with 35" Nitto Dune Grappler Tires*Inchannel Raingaurds*CAI*Bullydog GT Tuner*Alpine Amp*Boss 6x9's*Boston Acoustic Subs*Terrantula Tweeters*Custom Sub box*Red Led Interior Accents*5% Ultimacool duo tint rear window and doors, 20% front doors*Custom Vinyl Graphics*Demolded*Debadged*Painted drums and calipers*
    Future Mods Include: Custom Interior Hydrographics, Electronic Rollup Toneau Cover, 4.56 Gears, Painted rear bumper

Quote Originally Posted by tbplus10 View Post
    Sorry to hear your loss Pat.
    I hate to call friends like Jake "our pets" as they become much more than that, they are family and their loss is just as hard as if it were one of your children.
    My condolences on your loss.
    Thanks,,,You sure have that right... he sure was the Alpha Dog in our house....

Sorry about that Pat, like tb says, its tuff to loose a valued pet that has become a true family member.
    Life is short compared to history

Rick (summitwhite11)

thanks again...and yes they are family, Dear Wife said it feels like she lost her baby! So I didn't want to depress anyone, we really appreciate the thoughts...

We always talk about the fun times...

So sorry. We lost blizzard about 18 months ago and the kids still remember him.

Not replaced ... but buttercup is part of the family now.

Edit: found a pic with my two oldest boys when we got buttercup.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_9552648192718.jpeg 
Views:	25 
Size:	62.2 KB 
ID:	56678
    Last edited by ChevyFan; 12-10-2013 at 10:19 AM.

Steve
    10 Chevy Traverse LT AWD
    02 Chevy Trailblazer LS (110K+ miles - loaded except for 4WD - WRECKED!)
    99 Chevy Cavalier LS (105K+ miles - commuter car)
    78 Chevy Suburban Silverado (454, 3/4 ton)
    62 GMC 3/4 ton Pickup (350 police interceptor)

Remember: Search Before Posting | Fill out Your Profile & Signature
    * I've been saying for years that I was going to change my username, and I finally did.

Legend

Piermont,NY, back in Northern NJ now, But may be in IL soon....

WOw I am so Sorry.. Wish I could Hug my dogs now.. I have not seen them in 2 years they are with the wife in IL Have not seen her in 7 months...Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Photo-0082.jpg 
Views:	29 
Size:	79.2 KB 
ID:	56665
    08 Z71 Avalanche Mods to date: K&N CAI,Hellwig Swaybars and End Links, Corsa Sport Exhaust, Superchips Programer,IPCW LOF & 3rd brake light and tails, AMI Gas door,Show Hooks and Door locks, Enkei Wheels, with Pirelli tires, StreetScene Bowties, Grant Steering wheel,Muth signal mirrors,SSBC Big Brake kit,Huskyliner Mug gards,Floor mats and Hood shield, McGard Lug nuts and locks, Bedrug, Cervini's Ram Air hood,35watt HID Fog lights, Sylvania bulbs all around ZXE's Highs and Lows, WhiteNight Back up lights,Sirius and HD Radio, SnugTop sitting on deck now Got a Softopper on now,Tempress Boat Hatches.... New Bilstein shocks are on... New Mods coming soon..... X

Sorry to hear about your loss.
    2012 Chevy Captiva Sport LT V6 (The Spanish Prison)

MODS:

Cobra 19 Ultra II CB and some generic CB antenna.
    55W 10000K HID High Beams (just to remind the wonderful citizens of Hampton that their High Beams are on)

Upcoming mods:

[_] Exhaust [_]Subwoofers [_]More HID's [_]LED's [_]MORE LIGHTS!!! [_]Carr Light Bar w/ 3 or 4 in round off-road lights. [_]Black out Badges [_]Black out exhaust tips [_]Black out imitation skid plates on front and rear [_]Hopefully find a way to keep fogs, low beams, and high beams on at the same time

Jason

Sorry to hear that. I still have my best friends collar hanging in my truck
    Chuckie!!!

Page 1 of 2 12 Last Post byLast Post by