GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Sad Day...

Very sorry to hear of your loss. I lost my Golden (she was 12) back in 2010... I had her since she was 8 weeks old...that was devastating. So I can say, I know how your family feels. Definitely think of the good times like you said... with time it does get better. I know it's easy to say, but it will. After a few months, I got a black lab and now it started all over again (the process of bringing another 4 legged furry into the family). I will never forget Gracie, (my Golden) but you do slowly go on with life.
    2014 Chevrolet Silverado Z71 4x4 | 2.5" level/lift | 275/70/18 Goodyear Wrangler Duratrac

Sorry about your loss. Just 6 months ago found out my lab had cancer and could be managed for the next month maxxxxxxx! I got pain meds., took her to her favorite river to walk in and took her to put her down while life was good. Held her to her last breath. Think of her everyday. .... good luck.
    Tim Walters (Curky)

Wrangler AT/S 265/70R17 - Trail-FX window vents - Husky fitted splash guards - Silver Star zXe - Leveling kit -

Very sorry to hear about you loss. I remember my lab well and we had a wonderful time together hunting, going for walks, and just playing.

Sorry to hear about your loss. We have had multiple Golden's and they seem to be very susceptible to different cancers. Our first Golden, Shelby, passed away from stomach cancer shortly after she turned 10. My brothers Golden passed away from liver cancer right before he turned 9. Our current Golden, Sadie, is now 7 and pretty healthy so hoping she is spared from anything...

WOW... thanks, big time. As I read all the stories and the thoughts we are among friends here. It actually does us good to hear the stories of all your Golden's and other pups. Odd his collar and leash still rides in our truck with us, the back seats are still up in back...

At this time we are not considering another, but i think time will change that as we keep remembering the fun times, heck i walked in on my wife while watching the local news channel that had a pet adoption piece that featured Golden's...

Thanks again for the thoughts and your stories...
    Pat, Biz,Heather and Scott...
    Finally a signature and Avatar! I also posted some pics in the Gallery.
    2011 2500HD Crew Cab 4X4 Z71 6Liter.
    2011 Outback Travel Trailer 260FL
    So Happy to not be on the edge of GVWR Over Load!!

My condolences on your loss. My aunt had 3 Golden Retrievers and I believe 2 of the 3, if not all of them passed away due to cancer.

My mom and I adopted a miniature poodles back in 2009. The SPCA thought she was about 3 years at the time. She was very skinny and very scared when we got her. We have since found out that she was probably closer to 8 or 10 years old when we got her, and found out within about a year that her left retina had detached, leaving her blind in her left eye. Last year, due to high pressure in the eye, we had to have the internal parts of her eye removed and replaced with a silicone ball. This year, she had to go for cataract surgery on her right eye, and had stayed fairly active until this caused her vision to decrease. After the cataract surgery, she got an energy burst from being able to see again, but it was short lived as the pressure increased in that eye, so we had to have the silicone ball surgery done on it to stop the pain, leaving her completely blind. Her age is really starting to show now, but she gets around alright in familiar places.

Through all of this, the thing I miss the most is getting to see her every day. Since I moved out on my own last year, I see her a lot less often and it makes me sad. I'm just hoping to be able to have her around for as long as possible. She really has become part of the family.

2001 Silverado Reg. Cab Not-So-Base -- SOLD
    2003 Avalanche Z71. No Cladding. Check out my Mod thread.
    1974 Triumph Spitfire 1500 - Work in Progress
    2003 Sierra 3500 Duramax. The Newer, Better Work Truck

Sorry to hear about your loss! Its so painful to loose such a nice and beautiful dog. I know its an extremely sad time for you. Afterall these pets become part of our families, and once they are gone! there's a huge void.!! :(

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12