GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Unhappy Keyless entry trouble

My 2002 Sub key fob operates the driver door lock/unlock just fine, it will unlock but not lock all others. The passenger side door button will unlock all but will not lock anything, I have to manually lock all the doors but cannot lock the hatch. Not sure where to start! I have another thread on a battery run down issue that may be related http://www.gmtruckclub.com/forum/sho...electric-spook I hope it is not dealer time!!!!!!!!!!!
    Happy 2 Wheeler!

I would check the lock relay. it should be the same as the unlock relay so you can switch them to test them.

1995 Silverado 4x4
    6" BDS Suspension Lift-3" Body Lift-Add A Leaf in rear -Trailmaster SSV Shocks-Duel Steering Stabilizer Kit -AirAid Cold air intake-
    4.56 Gears with Detroit Auburn Locker-Pro-Comp Traction Bars with duel shocks-Aluminum Skid Plate Kit-38.5" x 16.5" Mickey Thompson Baja Claws-Constant Dropping fuel gauge

2005 Yukon XL Jet Power Programmer, Bilstein Shocks, Bilstein rear springs, Helwig Anti-sway bars, EGR Window Visors, EGR Hood Shield, Denali Headlights, Headlight harness upgrade, GE NightHawk Bulbs, White Night Rear lighting system, Russell Braided SS brake lines, PowerStop Brake pads, PowerStop cross drilled and Slotted Rotors, http://www.gmtruckclub.com/forum/sho...5-GMC-Yukon-XL
    2002 Silverado ext cab 2wd (Sold)
    2003 Yukon XL (Totaled)

Thanks for your tip, has me wondering if the relays can cause battery drain. Might be my the root of my electrical issue.
    Happy 2 Wheeler!

Quote Originally Posted by FireRed View Post
    Thanks for your tip, has me wondering if the relays can cause battery drain. Might be my the root of my electrical issue.
    a relay could drain the battery if it was stuck closed. But, I would think that if one was stuck as soon as you unlocked a door manually it would relock.

1995 Silverado 4x4
    6" BDS Suspension Lift-3" Body Lift-Add A Leaf in rear -Trailmaster SSV Shocks-Duel Steering Stabilizer Kit -AirAid Cold air intake-
    4.56 Gears with Detroit Auburn Locker-Pro-Comp Traction Bars with duel shocks-Aluminum Skid Plate Kit-38.5" x 16.5" Mickey Thompson Baja Claws-Constant Dropping fuel gauge

2005 Yukon XL Jet Power Programmer, Bilstein Shocks, Bilstein rear springs, Helwig Anti-sway bars, EGR Window Visors, EGR Hood Shield, Denali Headlights, Headlight harness upgrade, GE NightHawk Bulbs, White Night Rear lighting system, Russell Braided SS brake lines, PowerStop Brake pads, PowerStop cross drilled and Slotted Rotors, http://www.gmtruckclub.com/forum/sho...5-GMC-Yukon-XL
    2003 Yukon XL (Totaled)

I swapped the relays no change, are there any others in the circuit?
    Happy 2 Wheeler!

I don't think so. It could be a BCM issue. Hopefully someone else that can lend more help will come along soon.

1995 Silverado 4x4

2003 Yukon XL (Totaled)

I read where the BCM can be a problem, I understand it needs to be re flashed when it is installed. Sounds like the re flash must be done by a dealer, anyone know for sure? Can the BCM cause over night battery run down>

Damn I miss the days of looking at the lock buttons that stuck up so you knew what was what, too much junk on theses new cars.

I have to laugh my buddy has an inspection station, he has this fellow that brings in his old flat head Plymouth in. Every year it shows it is running as clean if not cleaner than some newer vehicles. Makes one wonder why we have so much pollution stuff on our cars & trucks.
    Happy 2 Wheeler!

Quote Originally Posted by FireRed View Post
    I read where the BCM can be a problem, I understand it needs to be re flashed when it is installed. Sounds like the re flash must be done by a dealer, anyone know for sure? Can the BCM cause over night battery run down>

Damn I miss the days of looking at the lock buttons that stuck up so you knew what was what, too much junk on theses new cars.

I have to laugh my buddy has an inspection station, he has this fellow that brings in his old flat head Plymouth in. Every year it shows it is running as clean if not cleaner than some newer vehicles. Makes one wonder why we have so much pollution stuff on our cars & trucks.
    Yea, the BCM must be reflashed by a dealer. Yes, a bcm issue could cause battery drain.

1995 Silverado 4x4

2003 Yukon XL (Totaled)