GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 Last Post byLast Post by

Awesome. Thanks, 99HB!
    Clint (TX) 2001 Silverado LS 4.8L auto 2wd ECSB [GARAGE]
    Gasoline or gunpowder: If you ain't burning one, you ain't having fun!
    NRA Endowment Member 5 24 48 88 - Hendrick Motorsports FTW!

2. Thanks 99'HEARTBEAT thanked for this post
    Legend

I would replace the PCV as well as clean the MAF. since you have both banks with the lean code this should not be an O2 issue. check the PCV hoses both sides of intake. also the vac going to the regulator.

check the fuel pressure if low this will throw..

Quote Originally Posted by McClintoc View Post
    Awesome. Thanks, 99HB!
    Your Welcome, Let us know what item/items trigger these codes.

MIKE

99"SILVERADO
    5.3 l 3.73 l G80
    BLACK BEAR CUSTOM TUNE
    SNUGTOP l COLORMATCH l KATZKIN

Quote Originally Posted by 99'HEARTBEAT View Post
    Your Welcome, Let us know what item/items trigger these codes.

As I mentioned before, the light went off on its own. I'm not sure if that means the problem corrected itself or not. Either way, since it's off and has not come back on since, I won't be able to tell if the problem is fixed. I did pick up a can of the cleaner you mentioned above but have yet to use it. It's been very cold since I bought it and I'm not sure if the low temps outside will affect the aerosol can or not. It's supossed to get up to 60F this Saturday so I will clean my MAF sensor then.

Legend

As I mentioned before, the light went off on its own. I'm not sure if that means the problem corrected itself or not. Either way, since it's off and has not come back on since, I won't be able to tell if the problem is fixed. I did pick up a can of the cleaner you mentioned above but have yet to use it. It's been very cold since I bought it and I'm not sure if the low temps outside will affect the aerosol can or not. It's supposed to get up to 60F this Saturday so I will clean my MAF sensor then.
    temps 40 deg f and warmer you can clean the small sense wires of the MAF. these small wire coils are covered with dirt and oils. the material may not be visable but it is affecting the ability of the MAF to accurately sense the air flow.

follow the CRC MAF can instructions all you need is a small squirt of spray on each wire. [DO NOT TOUCH THESE WIRES]

make sure the air intake hoses after the maf to the throttle body are secure . any holes or leaks will create this lean issue both banks.

Well, I cleaned my MAF sensor today. I also made sure the whole intake system was tight and secure. We'll see if any of that makes any difference.

Well, I cleaned my MAF sensor today. I also made sure the whole intake system was tight and secure. We'll see if any of that makes any difference.
    Once again, let us know what the out come is....I'm still blown away that this was your first Trouble Code, after 13-yrs and 175K miles....

Quote Originally Posted by 99'HEARTBEAT View Post
    Once again, let us know what the out come is....I'm still blown away that this was your first Trouble Code, after 13-yrs and 175K miles....
    Yeah, I take care of my truck. I am proud of it and I was proud that my light never came on until now. But, like I said earlier, the light went off on its own a couple of days after it came on. Not sure if that means the problem is gone or not.

Yeah, I take care of my truck. I am proud of it and I was proud that my light never came on until now. But, like I said earlier, the light went off on its own a couple of days after it came on. Not sure if that means the problem is gone or not.
    It could be that whatever is causing the code is not all that far out of spec. So, the CEL came on when it was reading incorrectly, then it has been within spec since the issue so the code cleared after so many key cycles. It probably stored the code. But, if it was just a dirty MAF sensor you may be good to go. I used to get an O2 sensor code on my 02 silverado when it was below 0 degrees out for a few days in a row. After it warmed up I cleared the code and would not see it again until the next winter. just for the heck of it, I would throw a fuel pressure gauge on it, sometimes low fuel pressure will cause a lean fuel code. I know you maintain your truck well, when was the last time you changed out the fuel filter?

1995 Silverado 4x4
    6" BDS Suspension Lift-3" Body Lift-Add A Leaf in rear -Trailmaster SSV Shocks-Duel Steering Stabilizer Kit -AirAid Cold air intake-
    4.56 Gears with Detroit Auburn Locker-Pro-Comp Traction Bars with duel shocks-Aluminum Skid Plate Kit-38.5" x 16.5" Mickey Thompson Baja Claws-Constant Dropping fuel gauge

2005 Yukon XL Jet Power Programmer, Bilstein Shocks, Bilstein rear springs, Helwig Anti-sway bars, EGR Window Visors, EGR Hood Shield, Denali Headlights, Headlight harness upgrade, GE NightHawk Bulbs, White Night Rear lighting system, Russell Braided SS brake lines, PowerStop Brake pads, PowerStop cross drilled and Slotted Rotors, http://www.gmtruckclub.com/forum/sho...5-GMC-Yukon-XL
    2002 Silverado ext cab 2wd (Sold)
    2003 Yukon XL (Totaled)

@Pikey I changed my fuel filter about a year ago. I stay on top of that, changing it every 30k miles as is recommended. I also replaced the fuel pump at the same time so I can't imagine it's low fuel pressure. Unless there are other variables in the fuel system beyond the pump and filter.

Also, like you said on your '02 and it being cold, the day my light came on, it was 28F for the high and that was the third day in a row the high was 30F or less. I actually thought about that - it being really cold and all that dense air getting in the motor.