GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

I am so lucky i read this thread lol I have the same EXACT issue but the only difference is I actually think mine has something to do with the fuel injectors or fuel pump...I can fill the tank up completely and the light goes off, but then when it gets down to about half tank the light comes back on...So I am planning on getting some injector cleaner as well as checking all the intake connections and maybe replacing the air filter which I know is a must for me...

JB
    Jville Lean
    Why Squat when you can Lean?

2001 Chevrolet Silverado Stepside:
    Gibson side exhaust, Airaid CAI, Daystar Leveling kit, Diablosport Predator, Deezee Black Bull bar, KC Daylighters, GT styling smoked headlight covers, Wilson 2 meter, Uniden VHF, Radioshak Whip antenna, 5% tint all around, Sony Xplode radio, blacked out bow tie and 3rd brake light...More to come REAL soon
    :fighting0040:

@01stepside Have you actually read the codes when the light comes on?
    Clint (TX) 2001 Silverado LS 4.8L auto 2wd ECSB [GARAGE]
    Gasoline or gunpowder: If you ain't burning one, you ain't having fun!
    NRA Endowment Member 5 24 48 88 - Hendrick Motorsports FTW!

Yes sir! Gave me the same code you got...read all the possible problems that could cause this and clogged injectors was one of the things listed...

PS: why do you think I said "I have the same EXACT issue as you"

JB
    Jville Lean
    Why Squat when you can Lean?

2001 Chevrolet Silverado Stepside:
    Gibson side exhaust, Airaid CAI, Daystar Leveling kit, Diablosport Predator, Deezee Black Bull bar, KC Daylighters, GT styling smoked headlight covers, Wilson 2 meter, Uniden VHF, Radioshak Whip antenna, 5% tint all around, Sony Xplode radio, blacked out bow tie and 3rd brake light...More to come REAL soon
    :fighting0040:

Well, I am starting to think @Pikey 's cold-air theory is correct. My CEL came on again yesterday on the way home from work; exactly like it did the first time it came on a few weeks ago. Again, just like the first time, the temp for the day never got above 30 so the air is very cold. Then again, I can only assume the CEL this time is the same code as last time - I already gave my dad's code reader back to him... :(

CEL has been off the past couple of days as it has been in the 50s. Now I'm pretty sure it's just the really cold air that is causing my light to come on. Whew, I am glad I didn't dump a bunch of money into this one. All I am out is a can of MAF sensor cleaner.

I'm hopeful it's the cold air theory as well, my CEL came on this morning on the way to work, when it was -4 degrees. Yes, that's still Fahrenheit for you southerners! Anyways, pulled a P0101 code for MAF undervoltage. I reset it for now, we'll see if it comes back on... I'm about ready to head home and it's warmed up to +9. Of course, I didn't get any CEL a couple weeks ago when it was -14 one day...

I've already got the CRC Cleaner, and come to think of it I'm not sure if I cleaned it last summer like I usually do. I hope I can make do until it warms up a little, at least over 30 before I want to be messing under the hood!
    Truck: 2005 GMC Sierra SLT
    Toy: 2006 Honda 599

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123