GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

MOD's description says filled with a fluid that turns to gas when heated. wonder if that's the newer version you referred to?

Quote Originally Posted by edsmagichands View Post
    Why the snipes? If I stepped on someones toes it was unintentional..
    Ed, sorry....you didn't step on my toes and I did not intend to step on yours, sorry. I didn't know what you were talking about. I had no experience with this electrical thermal actuator. I have roamed around on the net and I am now aware. Do not fully understand the whys and wherefores of the device, but I did see where the designed actuation time was up to 30 seconds.

I should have typed that I did not follow you, instead of using the question marks. I have learned something thank you.
    Ray

'09 Avalanche LTZ - Black
    '05 Envoy XL (sold)

No worries Ray. If I am wrong I WANT someone to correct me. after all, as i have said before, knowledge is the most important tool in my toolbox! I have never liked written communications as it seems easy to misunderstand the authors intent, as it seems i did. I look forward to future posts from you as i am sure you can teach me a thing or two.

4. Thanks RayVoy thanked for this post

I've just counted my gear teeth as my glovebox sticker was damaged - I figure the ratio to be 41/11 = 3.73.

Just to clarify, will any 3.73 rear end (with 6-lug hubs) from any GMC/Chevy 1500, 1988-1998 be expected to fit, regardless of engine size and whether it's 2wd/4wd? (Mine is a 5.7)

Go back and read post #24. @Pikey gave you the gear RPO codes. Look on the glove box door for a matching code.

Quote Originally Posted by RayVoy View Post
    Go back and read post #24. @Pikey gave you the gear RPO codes. Look on the glove box door for a matching code.
    the sticker was damaged so it did him no good..
    Chuckie!!!

Quote Originally Posted by BurbanMan View Post
    the sticker was damaged so it did him no good..
    I'm not rereading the thread to see if this has been suggested, but he could run the VIN

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234