GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Default Weird stuff today....

So, I had lunch with a friend I haven't seen for a while today and half way though lunch one of the drinks (no, no alcohol) actually slid across the table on it's own.

We kinda looked at each other and where like... Did you see that? I am glad you did or I would not have believed it myself....

Then we proceeded to see if we could get it to happen again (like a rut in the floor under the table). Well the table wobbled a little, but we could not get anything to just "slide across the table"...

Quote Originally Posted by PantheraUncia View Post
    So, I had lunch with a friend I haven't seen for a while today and half way though lunch one of the drinks (no, no alcohol) actually slid across the table on it's own.

We kinda looked at each other and where like... Did you see that? I am glad you did or I would not have believed it myself....

Then we proceeded to see if we could get it to happen again (like a rut in the floor under the table). Well the table wobbled a little, but we could not get anything to just "slide across the table"...
    Sorry to bust your bubble, but It isn't weird, just physics. This happens all the time. Condensation running down the side of the glass wicks up under the glass. This forms a nearly frictionless wet "pad" under the glass. All that is needed to get it to move then, is a little motion of the table. Gravity does the rest.

Quote Originally Posted by Dana W View Post
    Sorry to bust your bubble, but It isn't weird, just physics. This happens all the time. Condensation running down the side of the glass wicks up under the glass. This forms a nearly frictionless wet "pad" under the glass. All that is needed to get it to move then, is a little motion of the table. Gravity does the rest.
    Exactly. And this is why most places will have a coaster or at least a napkin to put under your drink. That, and they don't want all that condensation ruing their wood tables over time.
    Clint (TX) 2001 Silverado LS 4.8L auto 2wd ECSB [GARAGE]
    Gasoline or gunpowder: If you ain't burning one, you ain't having fun!
    NRA Endowment Member 5 24 48 88 - Hendrick Motorsports FTW!

Quote Originally Posted by McClintoc View Post
    Exactly. And this is why most places will have a coaster or at least a napkin to put under your drink. That, and they don't want all that condensation ruing their wood tables over time.
    Wood? You can afford to eat at places that have wooden tables?

They make tables out of wood. Must be a fancy place!
    2012 Chevy Captiva Sport LT V6 (The Spanish Prison)

MODS:

Cobra 19 Ultra II CB and some generic CB antenna.
    55W 10000K HID High Beams (just to remind the wonderful citizens of Hampton that their High Beams are on)

Upcoming mods:

[_] Exhaust [_]Subwoofers [_]More HID's [_]LED's [_]MORE LIGHTS!!! [_]Carr Light Bar w/ 3 or 4 in round off-road lights. [_]Black out Badges [_]Black out exhaust tips [_]Black out imitation skid plates on front and rear [_]Hopefully find a way to keep fogs, low beams, and high beams on at the same time

Jason

Well, there is a crab shack in Frederick MD that I like, and they protect their wooden "tables" with brown paper.

Quote Originally Posted by Dana W View Post
    Well, there is a crab shack in Frederick MD that I like, and they protect their wooden "tables" with brown paper.
    My kind of place !! Even better when they have paper towels on the table for 'napkins".
    '07 2500 HD reg. cab, 5sp manual 4x4

When the need arises, any tool or object within reach becomes a hammer.