GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Default GMC Suburban Graveyard

So, needed a couple of wing mirrors for my 1996 K2500 Suburban. Tried quite a few used parts shops here in Riyadh, but to no avail. I had heard of a huge scrapyard , around 25 miles outside of Riyadh so took a drive out a few days ago. It's a massive site. I was crawling along , seeing breakers yards for Ford, Toyota, Honda, Nissan etc....then a local guy pulled up behind me and insisted I follow him. I was naturally driving the Suburban.

He insisted I follow him, and he took me to his breakers yard, slightly off the main drag. Here, I found the biggest collection of Suburbans, all being dismantled and broken. I know know where to go if ever I need hard to find parts. I got the wing mirrors, now fitted.

Wife to Husband - "Please go the shop and get a carton of milk. If they have avacados, get 6". The husband returns, the wife looks in the shopping bag.
    Wife : Why have you got six cartons of milk?
    Husband: They had avacados.

Dang! Do they have 91-older square body burbans in there?
    Chuckie!!!

Quote Originally Posted by BurbanMan View Post
    Dang! Do they have 91-older square body burbans in there?

lol, shipping might kill you as I believe that he is in Saudi Arabia! Nice find @nottmbantam I would love to find a place like that here.

1995 Silverado 4x4
    6" BDS Suspension Lift-3" Body Lift-Add A Leaf in rear -Trailmaster SSV Shocks-Duel Steering Stabilizer Kit -AirAid Cold air intake-
    4.56 Gears with Detroit Auburn Locker-Pro-Comp Traction Bars with duel shocks-Aluminum Skid Plate Kit-38.5" x 16.5" Mickey Thompson Baja Claws-Constant Dropping fuel gauge

2005 Yukon XL Jet Power Programmer, Bilstein Shocks, Bilstein rear springs, Helwig Anti-sway bars, EGR Window Visors, EGR Hood Shield, Denali Headlights, Headlight harness upgrade, GE NightHawk Bulbs, White Night Rear lighting system, Russell Braided SS brake lines, PowerStop Brake pads, PowerStop cross drilled and Slotted Rotors, http://www.gmtruckclub.com/forum/sho...5-GMC-Yukon-XL
    2002 Silverado ext cab 2wd (Sold)
    2003 Yukon XL (Totaled)

To be honest, didn't notice any pre 1991 older 'Burbs - still see a few out on the road sin full and active service. THis breakers yard tended to concentrate on the model that I have - up to 1999?

Yes Pikey, I am in Saudi, so the shipping will cost a fortune. THose wing mirrors for example aint the lightest things, with the motors still inside. I have now heard of a smaller scrapyard in the city of Riyadh, so will have a mooch around there probably on Thursday....on the hunt for some replacement speakers - the ones for the boot / cargo area. I find the original ones are a pretty decent quality.
    Wife to Husband - "Please go the shop and get a carton of milk. If they have avacados, get 6". The husband returns, the wife looks in the shopping bag.
    Wife : Why have you got six cartons of milk?
    Husband: They had avacados.

Oh shat! Never mind! Lol you can keep them
    Chuckie!!!