GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Thread: Lift Kit??

Default Lift Kit??

Ok, so I have a stock 08' Chevy 2500HD 6.0L, without a leveling kit on it currently. I want to level it, as well as put like a 3" lift on it. Do I need to buy a leveling kit & a lift kit, or can a lift kit simply do both? I am only looking at roughly a 3" lift or so. I have heard that after a certain height, you will have to do some extensive body mods on the struts and such. Also, what is the highest lift I can put on without having to completly change out other suspension parts?? I am a complete NOOB to all this. Lol. This is the 1st truck I have actually bought and am in the dark when it comes to all this. Any input will be greatly appreciated!

In addition, does anyone have any reccommendations and a good quality lift kit that is not going to break the bank? I have heard that Rough Country has a descent one....

Check here, http://www.readylift.com/ for a better lift than the Rough Country! JMHO....
    2010 GMC SIERRA CREW CAB (Silver) 4x4, ReadyLift 2.5" Level Kit, 305/60/18 Dick Cepek Mud Country, Go Rhino Nerf Bars, Husky Liners front and rear, Bushwacker Bed Rail Caps, Custom tuned. 4:11's

check out BDS

1995 Silverado 4x4
    6" BDS Suspension Lift-3" Body Lift-Add A Leaf in rear -Trailmaster SSV Shocks-Duel Steering Stabilizer Kit -AirAid Cold air intake-
    4.56 Gears with Detroit Auburn Locker-Pro-Comp Traction Bars with duel shocks-Aluminum Skid Plate Kit-38.5" x 16.5" Mickey Thompson Baja Claws-Constant Dropping fuel gauge

2005 Yukon XL Jet Power Programmer, Bilstein Shocks, Bilstein rear springs, Helwig Anti-sway bars, EGR Window Visors, EGR Hood Shield, Denali Headlights, Headlight harness upgrade, GE NightHawk Bulbs, White Night Rear lighting system, Russell Braided SS brake lines, PowerStop Brake pads, PowerStop cross drilled and Slotted Rotors, http://www.gmtruckclub.com/forum/sho...5-GMC-Yukon-XL
    2002 Silverado ext cab 2wd (Sold)
    2003 Yukon XL (Totaled)

Jr. Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by JimmyA View Post
    Check here, http://www.readylift.com/ for a better lift than the Rough Country! JMHO....

What makes the readylift better then the Rough Country leveling kit? They both have forged keys...
    2004 GMC Sierra SLT Z71, Truxedo Low Pro QT tonneau cover, Rhinoliner bed liner, Putco side rails, Weathertech window deflectors and floor mats, AMP Research bed extender, GMC cloth seat covers, light bar, lights and more to come.

No forged Keys, just machined aluminum shock spacers from READYLIFT for my year model. Rough Country spacers are not metal........

Ok, so I was looking around, and have seen 3 different options. I am going in a week to get new rims and tires and am not sure what to do. I have seen the "Leveling Keys", "Strut Spacers" and just cranking to torsion bars. What is the best way to do with less wear and tear on truck?