GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Cops don't really care about ordinances like this. They just have to enforce the laws/ordinances they are given. My town has a few ordinances that are even more ridiculous and no officer I know wants to enforce them but they have too.
    Sometimes the best part of my job is that my chair swivels.

Me myself never said anything bad about a cop. They are just doing their job. .. they have to in force the law no matter how stupid it is..
    Tim Walters (Curky)

Wrangler AT/S 265/70R17 - Trail-FX window vents - Husky fitted splash guards - Silver Star zXe - Leveling kit -

We cant wash in the summer months in my one horse town, or even water a lawn unless you are willing to stand outside with the hose in your hand and water. lol.
    Life is short compared to history

Rick (summitwhite11)

Quote Originally Posted by lonelywolf858 View Post
    Cops don't really care about ordinances like this. They just have to enforce the laws/ordinances they are given. My town has a few ordinances that are even more ridiculous and no officer I know wants to enforce them but they have too.
    Not sure this is necessarily always true. In San Diego its illegal to spit on the sidewalk, but cops are selective on its enforcement (usually when the person is being a pain and now the cop is looking for more things to get them with). Speeding tickets are another example. Officers have discretion in certain areas.
    David
    2004 Silverado 2500 Crew Cab 4x4, AMSOIL EA air filter, Granatelli MAF sensor, Throttle body spacer, Magnaflow exhaust (true dual to 2 in 1 out muffler), 6" ProComp lift (add a leaf and 5" superlift rear block), Bilstein shocks, 35's (Cooper Disoverer ST) and 4.10 gears, Rhino Liner, EGRUSA fender Flares and widow visors, extended stainless steel brake lines, firestone airbags w/onboard air compressor, Pioneer Avic X940BT navigation, Accel backup camera.
    http://www.gmtruckclub.com/forum/sho...Silverado-2500
    1960 Land Rover Series II 88
    2001 Pontiac Sunfire
    2013 Toyota Avalon Limited (Wife's Car)
    NRA Life Member

They do have discretion and how the person acts determines the outcome in many situations. The city ordinances in my city aren't up to the officer to enforce. They get in serious trouble for not enforcing them.
    Sometimes the best part of my job is that my chair swivels.

More of this coming due to federal clean water regulations.

Outside of desert areas most cities have storm sewer systems that drain into lakes and rivers. The outlets of these systems are regulated by the federal government now, and the cities can be fined for pollutants. This has led to the new ordinances.

Around here you can wash your car in the driveway as long as the runoff doesn't end up in a storm drain. That's typical of the new rules.
    Minneapolis area - 1997 K2500 regular cab long bed + 8.5' Western Unimount plow + modified transmission + 2nd battery + modified camper charge circuit + 1971 Cayo camper -and- 2004 4x4 Suburban 2500 8.1 + Maxbrake controller + 2nd battery + modified trailer charge circuit + Reese receiver, pulls 30' Airstream trailer

I could never live somewhere you couldn't wash your own car. I don't trust any car washes especially automated ones because of the paint damage on my truck caused by the previous owner having a car wash next to his dealership that he used religiously and scratched and ruined the paint with.

1996 Chevy Tahoe LT 5.7L V8 4X4 205,000+ miles. Built proudly at Janesville Assembly in Janesville, Wisconsin
    Basic mods: Lights all over, bunch of electrical work, and a couple cooling mods.

Check out my other mods in My Garage: http://www.gmtruckclub.com/forum/sho...t-Tahoe-4-Door

It's the arbitratry nature of how things are different in different places.

I was in mcdonalds yesterday and went to get a refill (this was in a Walmart) and I was notified that refills are $1. I was like what?

Steve
    10 Chevy Traverse LT AWD
    02 Chevy Trailblazer LS (110K+ miles - loaded except for 4WD - WRECKED!)
    99 Chevy Cavalier LS (105K+ miles - commuter car)
    78 Chevy Suburban Silverado (454, 3/4 ton)
    62 GMC 3/4 ton Pickup (350 police interceptor)

Remember: Search Before Posting | Fill out Your Profile & Signature
    Follow Us Please: facebook.com/gmtruckclub | twitter.com/gmtruckclub
    Support GMTC: Help the site, contribute today

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12