GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Default Fuel Off Road Rims

So I am looking at finally upgrading the rims and tires on my 2011 2500HD. I'm pretty sure i will be going with a cooper or toyo tire, but looking ot one of these 2 rims from Fuel. They are both one piece rim. The flat black PUMP or the dressier Full Blown. I like the Full Blown I think with the Taupe Gray colour of the truck it would look great, but the Matte Black goes with the Matte mirrors and door handles. Guess I may need new door handles...

So What are your thoughts? Pump has been around for 3-4 years and the Full Blown is new. I, still open for alternatives but these are the 2 that are at the top of the list. I'm leaning to Full Blown so input on care for the black gloss rims is appreciated, what if anything should I do before I put them on the truck(wax them??)

PUMP
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Pump.jpg 
Views:	39 
Size:	22.7 KB 
ID:	56887

Full Blown
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	full blown.jpg 
Views:	39 
Size:	28.0 KB 
ID:	56888
    Last edited by jake's silverado; 12-17-2013 at 07:57 PM.
    Finally a signature and Avatar! I also posted some pics in the Gallery.
    2011 2500HD Crew Cab 4X4 Z71 6Liter.
    2011 Outback Travel Trailer 260FL
    So Happy to not be on the edge of GVWR Over Load!!

Sorry, but what do you mean by "piece" rim? But if it were me, I would go with the full blown. I feel the chrome accents give it more curb appeal.
    -K&N Air Filter

Quote Originally Posted by jsmith4816 View Post
    Sorry, but what do you mean by "piece" rim? But if it were me, I would go with the full blown. I feel the chrome accents give it more curb appeal.
    OOOOPs one piece rims. I've been back and forth for the past few days. been leaning more to chrome accents as well...

vote for the pumps.

Alex

2011 GMC Sierra SLE 5.3 Z71 4X4 Stealth Gray Metallic / 2004 Chevy Impala LS 3.8 Cappuccino

Tow mirrors - Diablew Tuned - Flowmaster Regular 40 - Ready Lift 2.5' lift - BFG LT A/T K/Os - Carr Light Wing - TruckLite LED lights - Optima Red Top - 50% Front Window Tint - Line-X bedliner - Airaid MIT - Tekonsha P2 - ARS Billet Grill - Fia custom fit seat covers

Pump looks way better.
    Clint (TX) 2001 Silverado LS 4.8L auto 2wd ECSB [GARAGE]
    Gasoline or gunpowder: If you ain't burning one, you ain't having fun!
    NRA Endowment Member 5 24 48 88 - Hendrick Motorsports FTW!

Legend
    Blog Entries

I would say neither, unless you really like manual labor. I have had wheels with fake rivets like these, and the only right way to clean them is with q tips and polish. If you do decide to get either one, I would use a good grade sealant not wax before you mount the tires.

I like the pump style better as well.
    2004 Chevy Colorado
    LS1 5.7 swap/TBSS rear axle swap

So I decided on the Pumps. Now I want to apply some protectant and off I went to look and since it is the middle of winter here the selection was next to nothing. But I noticed much of the selection was for chrome and actually nothing fro flat black. So I did google and found Dr Beasley's but have some time so I check the detail forum and saw nothing so for those of you that have matte black finished rims what do you protect them with? I have a few months before they go on so looking for input. Thanks.

When I had mine I just cleaned them well and used liquid wax on them so they would be easier to clean. Just spray on and wipe off at each cleaning is all I did. I was afraid to use a paste or anything of that nature on them. The flat color makes it hard to work with since it's a porous coating. Paste wax wanted to get caught and not look great. By the way if you haven't already ordered your wheels check out DropStars. There are a few that would look amazing on your truck!
    2009 Silvia~Superlift 6"~DropStars~Nitto Trail Graps~FSOR Catback~Madtunes Racing~4.10 gears~cleared headlights~hi-6

NNBS SILVERADO BUILD