GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Default 2001 silverado Z71 brake problems

I Bought me a used chevy 2001 silverado z71 we started to notice the brakes perfeberly the front drivers side start to lock up and seemed like it wasn't releaseing all the way we replaced the calipers (this will be the third on drivers side), rubber brake hose, brake brackets and the master cylinder but still locking up please help?

Legend

did the front pads set into the caliper easy ? just using your fingers they installed and can be removed ?

open bleed screw and using a c clamp push back . then close bleed screw. fluid could be damaged.

We had a conversation a few months back about exactly what @j cat mentioned. It seems like manufacturers let their dies dull and the pad backings do not slide easily in the brackets. Many times you need to take a file and file the inner radius and the end of the ears on the pad ear to make them slide on the brackets easily. I have seen guys tap pads into place with a hammer and wonder why the brakes drag or stick

1995 Silverado 4x4
    6" BDS Suspension Lift-3" Body Lift-Add A Leaf in rear -Trailmaster SSV Shocks-Duel Steering Stabilizer Kit -AirAid Cold air intake-
    4.56 Gears with Detroit Auburn Locker-Pro-Comp Traction Bars with duel shocks-Aluminum Skid Plate Kit-38.5" x 16.5" Mickey Thompson Baja Claws-Constant Dropping fuel gauge

2005 Yukon XL Jet Power Programmer, Bilstein Shocks, Bilstein rear springs, Helwig Anti-sway bars, EGR Window Visors, EGR Hood Shield, Denali Headlights, Headlight harness upgrade, GE NightHawk Bulbs, White Night Rear lighting system, Russell Braided SS brake lines, PowerStop Brake pads, PowerStop cross drilled and Slotted Rotors, http://www.gmtruckclub.com/forum/sho...5-GMC-Yukon-XL
    2002 Silverado ext cab 2wd (Sold)
    2003 Yukon XL (Totaled)