GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Thread: juswantitfixed

Default juswantitfixed

I have a 2011 chevy traverse...it has the traction going off an on and then he stabilink needs to be serviced and then it will say engine power reduced. The first time I took it in they said it was a sensory that was wet they dried it out and it did fine for 6 or 7 months and then it is doing it again. Please help

Quote Originally Posted by monicaaltic View Post
    I have a 2011 chevy traverse...it has the traction going off an on and then he stabilink needs to be serviced and then it will say engine power reduced. The first time I took it in they said it was a sensory that was wet they dried it out and it did fine for 6 or 7 months and then it is doing it again. Please help
    What do you want us to do, yell at the dealer for you? Sounds like you need to take it back to them for some warranty work.

I would take it back to the dealer. even if your warranty is expired I believe that all repairs are warrantied for 1 year and a certain number of miles. I seem to recall someone saying something about a wiring harness sitting in a sill that collects water. the harness gets wet enough, causes issues and then dries out and things are fine. I will try to find the link to the post.

1995 Silverado 4x4
    6" BDS Suspension Lift-3" Body Lift-Add A Leaf in rear -Trailmaster SSV Shocks-Duel Steering Stabilizer Kit -AirAid Cold air intake-
    4.56 Gears with Detroit Auburn Locker-Pro-Comp Traction Bars with duel shocks-Aluminum Skid Plate Kit-38.5" x 16.5" Mickey Thompson Baja Claws-Constant Dropping fuel gauge

2005 Yukon XL Jet Power Programmer, Bilstein Shocks, Bilstein rear springs, Helwig Anti-sway bars, EGR Window Visors, EGR Hood Shield, Denali Headlights, Headlight harness upgrade, GE NightHawk Bulbs, White Night Rear lighting system, Russell Braided SS brake lines, PowerStop Brake pads, PowerStop cross drilled and Slotted Rotors, http://www.gmtruckclub.com/forum/sho...5-GMC-Yukon-XL
    2002 Silverado ext cab 2wd (Sold)
    2003 Yukon XL (Totaled)

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Dana W View Post
    What do you want us to do, yell at the dealer for you? Sounds like you need to take it back to them for some warranty work.
    I have taken it back to the dealer an they give me some bs excuse...I am perfectly capable of yelling myself and have been since this started... I have read through this forum an don't see that replacing the throttle body is working for anyone else so why replace it an have to pay out of pocket for something that isn't going to work(GM says that it is not covered under the warranty.

- - - Updated - - -

Pikey....that would be great if you could find that for me cause the dealership says something different every time I take it in there for the same thing. Not into replacing tons of things and it not being fixed. Thanks for trying to help me though an look forward to seeing the post if you can find it.

I would have to suggest, that if drying out the sensor (whatever sensor it was) solved the problem for a while, then the problem must be at, or, the sensor. Why would you consider changing the throttle body.

The first time, the tech knew to go directly to this sensor...........so, there must have been a code. If the sensor is bad again, there must be a code (or, it was a known problem).

As @Pikey said, there should be a separate warranty for items repaired, even if this has expired, GM did not properly repair the problem the first time.

You should be on the phone, calling the 1-800 Customer Service complaint number. IMO, not enough people call this number when they are dissatisfied.
    Ray

'09 Avalanche LTZ - Black
    '05 Envoy XL (sold)

Quote Originally Posted by monicaaltic View Post
    I have taken it back to the dealer an they give me some bs excuse...I am perfectly capable of yelling myself and have been since this started... I have read through this forum an don't see that replacing the throttle body is working for anyone else so why replace it an have to pay out of pocket for something that isn't going to work(GM says that it is not covered under the warranty.

- - - Updated - - -

Pikey....that would be great if you could find that for me cause the dealership says something different every time I take it in there for the same thing. Not into replacing tons of things and it not being fixed. Thanks for trying to help me though an look forward to seeing the post if you can find it.

is this vehicle still under warranty? If so, you just have to let the dealer "work" thru the issue and replace what they say needs replaced. I would contact @GM Customer Service and see if they can help, just as @RayVoy stated

I called that number and this time when I took it back in they tried to tell me it was the spark plugs and the battery. I told them when I brought it in last time you said it was a sensor of coarse they couldn't find where I had even been in but was and my father was with me. I have called customer service and they told me that if it was the throttle body then it would not be under warranty. My vehicle has 73,000 miles on it and is supposed to have a warrant til 100,000 or 5 years so I was told by gm customer service. The reason I was thinking it might be the throttle body is a lot of people on here are having the same problems.

most those people have the 5.3L v8 in a truck. I have not heard of the issue with the traveres

This is new to me. I've not heard of this issue before. Let me get ahold of a friend of mine who is a service director at a large GM dealership to see if he's heard of this before.

Steve
    10 Chevy Traverse LT AWD
    02 Chevy Trailblazer LS (110K+ miles - loaded except for 4WD - WRECKED!)
    99 Chevy Cavalier LS (105K+ miles - commuter car)
    78 Chevy Suburban Silverado (454, 3/4 ton)
    62 GMC 3/4 ton Pickup (350 police interceptor)

Remember: Search Before Posting | Fill out Your Profile & Signature
    * I've been saying for years that I was going to change my username, and I finally did.

monicaaltic,

Hello! I am sorry to hear that you are continuing to experience a vehicle issue after a visit at your local dealership. I would like to look into this concern for you. Could you private message me referencing this thread?

Jennifer T.
    GM Customer Care