GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

I've been stopped before in So California driving into Arizona, and also in New Mexico/Texas area somewhere around El Paso.

I think the total stop for me was like 10 seconds. It's more or less something like, you're a US Citizen? Where are you headed?

Just as long as they stop everyone then it's legal. They can't pick and choose who they stop. NOW, if I'm in a bad mood and trying to make time, then I'm probably not going to be happy about it. But, my life is complex enough so I don't want to add to my total quantity of things to think about.

Steve
    10 Chevy Traverse LT AWD
    02 Chevy Trailblazer LS (110K+ miles - loaded except for 4WD - WRECKED!)
    99 Chevy Cavalier LS (105K+ miles - commuter car)
    78 Chevy Suburban Silverado (454, 3/4 ton)
    62 GMC 3/4 ton Pickup (350 police interceptor)

Remember: Search Before Posting | Fill out Your Profile & Signature
    Follow Us Please: facebook.com/gmtruckclub | twitter.com/gmtruckclub
    Support GMTC: Help the site, contribute today

Im have mixed opinions also.. If its at the country's border and your going into or returning from Mexico or Canada then yes, they should have the right to ask, and inspect your vehicle. Do they have the right to rip it apart damaging things not find anything and then say your good to go? well I would have a problem with that. Do they have the right to stop us away from the borders within the US? Well I have never seen these checkpoints and I understand these guys are doing their job but why do we have these checkpoints to begin with? Are they only near borders of other country's and its just a buffer zone of 20 miles? Even if your not a US citizen arent legal visitors of other countries free to travel here as if they were citizens? Do they have our rights if they are visiting within thier alotted time on their visa's? Im not educated in this area but I would think thats the case. Why is it that we now are guilty until we prove our innocence? It seems law enforcement is told to bend the rules(rights) of the citizens and possibly non-citizens to get clues as to a possible crime or history of crime that might have or being taken place. Unfortunately for normal law abiding citizens we have to tolerate this bend of the rules for our own safety I guess. I just hope they never have to come to my house with a rolling checkpoint in the year 2030 when who knows what life will be like.

2011 Silverado CrewCab 5.3L*Ram Air Look Cowl Induction Reflexxion Hood*6" Pro Comp Lift*Flowmaster Dual exhaust*Perfect Launch Rear Diff. Cover*Led Smoke Taillights*L.E.D.Smoke 3rd Brakelight*60" L.E.D. Tailgate Bar*Rearview Mirror Reverse Camera and Sensors*Smoke Headlight Covers*Front Bumper Grill Insert*Deezee Black Alum. Diamond Rail covers*20" Ultra Motorsports Rims wrapped with 35.5"B.F. Goodrich Tires*Inchannel Raingaurds*CAI*Bullydog GT Tuner*Alpine Amp*Boss 6x9's*Boston Acoustic Subs*Terrantula Tweeters*Custom Sub box*Red Led Interior Accents*5% Ultimacool duo tint rear window and doors, 20% front doors*Custom Vinyl Graphics*Demolded*Debadged*Painted drums and calipers*
    Future Mods Include: Custom Interior Hydrographics, Electronic Rollup Toneau Cover, 4.56 Gears, Painted rear bumper

Quote Originally Posted by Curky View Post
    I will have to say.
    We all have an opinion. And this is a great read on all of it. Let's not get into the little stuff. My point was that I understand what they are trying to say and do agree to a point. Not the way they are doing it. That is why we have voting. I bet half of the people that did this voted against illegal aliens.
    Well, how and the he'll do you think they are going to do it??????
    With putting my political views here. Ok, if you are illegal and get into trouble= by by....
    Should you get free ****= no
    But they still come to better there lives= good for you
    What people don't realize if they all were legal a head of lettuce would be $5-$10. . Do you know someone that will work for $6HR ON A 11HR DAY. I dont.
    It is like a flip of a quarter 50/50 on the good ones and the bad ones. We need the good one but not the bad. They love there family's and there yards/houses are clean.
    See why I'm so mixed here on my opinion.
    Now let's not get into a big thing (fighting). A mild debate is fine but always remember we all Love our GM and support our country. Just because we don't agree on everything don't mean we don't love our country.
    Living near the border I will have to disagree a bit here. Yes will agriculture cost rise, yes, to that extent no. It would be a minimum wage job still as its low skill manual labor (granted they are bumping min wage to $10/hour in CA because they are morons with no grasp of economics). Yes there are some good and some bad but they are still breaking the law.

Now on the topic of the video, unless it gets really backed up the border checks are typically a 3 second stop.
    David
    2004 Silverado 2500 Crew Cab 4x4, AMSOIL EA air filter, Granatelli MAF sensor, Throttle body spacer, Magnaflow exhaust (true dual to 2 in 1 out muffler), 6" ProComp lift (add a leaf and 5" superlift rear block), Bilstein shocks, 35's (Cooper Disoverer ST) and 4.10 gears, Rhino Liner, EGRUSA fender Flares and widow visors, extended stainless steel brake lines, firestone airbags w/onboard air compressor, Pioneer Avic X940BT navigation, Accel backup camera.
    http://www.gmtruckclub.com/forum/sho...Silverado-2500
    1960 Land Rover Series II 88
    2001 Pontiac Sunfire
    2013 Toyota Avalon Limited (Wife's Car)
    NRA Life Member

The people in that video are pathetic morons (the ones crossing the border, not the BPOs). There is no need to deliberately be confrontational. The BPOs are doing their jobs. They are not picking you for fun. Just answer their questions and be on your way. The very first guy is especially stupid. He says "he doesn't time for games" yet he is the only playing games. What a fool.
    Clint (TX) 2001 Silverado LS 4.8L auto 2wd ECSB [GARAGE]
    Gasoline or gunpowder: If you ain't burning one, you ain't having fun!
    NRA Endowment Member 5 24 48 88 - Hendrick Motorsports FTW!

5. Thanks Goldie thanked for this post
    Likes Goldie liked this post
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123