GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 Last Post byLast Post by
    Legend

I have been to Arizona many times. when your around the 20 mile mark from the border going north you will be stopped.

I have seen many illegals looking to get a ride on the road shoulders they are usually in groups of 5-10 people. In the summer they look like there ready to collapse from the desert heat. I hope these border patrol workers do the job of protecting us from the extreme dangers that do occur from the wrong people entering our country . you do have to put up with this because it is that necessary. the people that live in these areas are living in fear.

many homes are broken into and these illegals steal all your stuff and take a free shower on there way north to states like Massachusetts where they get free food/shelter/education/ then they make bombs and blow the place up.

Quote Originally Posted by Camaro69car View Post
    ahem, I open carry religiously. Not because I am looking for confrontation, but due to the fact I cannot conceal my handgun's nor can I afford a smaller one.

I'm not a douche about it though.
    Then you are not the one I am talking about. I'm talking about the idiots that purposely strap on a gun and go out looking for a fight with the cops. They are idiots, and they get all indignant when the cops hassle them. They are looking for their 15 minutes of fame and when they find it, they get pissy.
    I like all dogs I meet, and some people too.

Quote Originally Posted by RayVoy View Post
    You don't really think BP would just say "Oh, sorry sir, you go right ahead"? In Canada, that would be grounds for a search of the vehicle, and I'm pretty sure, your guys would be even more aggressive.
    I sure would hope there was a little more to it than just letting them go. I half expected them to be dragged out the window and spread eagle on the pavement.
    2006 Silverado 1500 5.3L ecsb Z71,afe pro s dry air filter, color matched tailgate handle and bezel,color matched front bow tie, led interior illumination, 5000K HID lows, Black powder coated wheels, Blacked out body side moldings, Rough Country 2.5" level/lift kit, Magnaflow muffler

I think the agents are doing the job they are assigned to do and the questions should have been answered.
    Chuckie!!!

The family and I live in Alamogordo, NM which is not too far from the Mexico border. We travel to Las Cruces and El Paso all the time so we go through these border patrol checkpoints everytime we visit either place. I personally do not have an issue adding another minute or so to my trip. And when they ask if we are American citizens I say yes and we press on.

Jr. Engineer

I just don't go over there anymore! Canada has nothing I want! I got tired of dealing with border guards, or there version of DOT, and their rude drivers on the highway! A buddy of mine used to go up there every year to go sledding! Last year they gave him such a hard time at the border, he came home! He said screw it, spend thousands of dollars up there every year, and get treated like that, he'll stay here and ride! I agree with him!

Quote Originally Posted by zuki82 View Post
    I just don't go over there anymore! Canada has nothing I want! I got tired of dealing with border guards, or there version of DOT, and their rude drivers on the highway! A buddy of mine used to go up there every year to go sledding! Last year they gave him such a hard time at the border, he came home! He said screw it, spend thousands of dollars up there every year, and get treated like that, he'll stay here and ride! I agree with him!
    I would like to hear the whole story (not just your condensed version). Yeah, we have rude drivers, so does every state I have ever driven through. I doubt if the DOT, in Ontario, would give you any more problems than the DOT in any of the lower 48. I will say, the US DOT guys will post construction ahead signs for a much greater distance than the Ontario guys, but I can't see that getting anyone upset. I also doubt if the Canadian BP treated you and your friend any different than your BP treats us when we enter the US. Both of us are just trying to keep the undesirables out.

It has been my experience that you get what you give. Piss people/guards off and it's not going to be a good experience.
    Ray

'09 Avalanche LTZ - Black
    '05 Envoy XL (sold)

I will have to say.
    We all have an opinion. And this is a great read on all of it. Let's not get into the little stuff. My point was that I understand what they are trying to say and do agree to a point. Not the way they are doing it. That is why we have voting. I bet half of the people that did this voted against illegal aliens.
    Well, how and the he'll do you think they are going to do it??????
    With putting my political views here. Ok, if you are illegal and get into trouble= by by....
    Should you get free ****= no
    But they still come to better there lives= good for you
    What people don't realize if they all were legal a head of lettuce would be $5-$10. . Do you know someone that will work for $6HR ON A 11HR DAY. I dont.
    It is like a flip of a quarter 50/50 on the good ones and the bad ones. We need the good one but not the bad. They love there family's and there yards/houses are clean. See why I'm so mixed here on my opinion.
    Now let's not get into a big thing (fighting). A mild debate is fine but always remember we all Love our GM and support our country. Just because we don't agree on everything don't mean we don't love our country.
    Tim Walters (Curky)

Wrangler AT/S 265/70R17 - Trail-FX window vents - Husky fitted splash guards - Silver Star zXe - Leveling kit -

Reading all this. It does seem we all lean the same way but with smaller different opinions on it. I just want people to think before they post. We can have our options w/o bashing on others.....
    We all love our GM Truck or car. I'm going to applying for a job with them this week. Yes, it is an hour drive away but if they give me what I want per hour, counting in my MPG with a GM. If they start me at 10hr then my mpg ( about 30 cent s per gallon) about 12-14 an hour. My math might be a little off but really. I want to be comfortable not ritch with room To move up.
    Then i will be be conftetbal
    Last edited by Curky; 12-20-2013 at 01:41 PM.

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Curky View Post
    I will have to say.
    We all have an opinion. And this is a great read on all of it. Let's not get into the little stuff. My point was that I understand what they are trying to say and do agree to a point. Not the way they are doing it. That is why we have voting. I bet half of the people that did this voted against illegal aliens.
    Well, how and the he'll do you think they are going to do it??????
    With putting my political views here. Ok, if you are illegal and get into trouble= by by....
    Should you get free ****= no
    But they still come to better there lives= good for you
    What people don't realize if they all were legal a head of lettuce would be $5-$10. . Do you know someone that will work for $6HR ON A 11HR DAY. I dont.
    It is like a flip of a quarter 50/50 on the good ones and the bad ones. We need the good one but not the bad. They love there family's and there yards/houses are clean. See why I'm so mixed here on my opinion.
    Now let's not get into a big thing (fighting). A mild debate is fine but always remember we all Love our GM and support our country. Just because we don't agree on everything don't mean we don't love our country.
    If I were a construction contractor I would be in favor of no border patrol. or perhaps an owner of rental properties of a few hundred units. give them free rent and work them hard for little. when they screw up I say go home. not my problem.

I would have to learn their lingo first.

The opinions of most people are created by their life experiences ... not from the political boobs running our country.

I was never in favor of people coming here illegally from any country . it is against the law any way so why make argument about it .

look at the law in mexico if you wish to go there illegally . that is the kind of program we should have here.

like any group of people some are bad and some good , there here illegally that's all that matters.

here in Massachusetts the eastern portion you would never know its the USA !