GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Default Adding OEM Remote Keyless Entry to 2014 Chevy Express Van

Just had someone ask me how to add Remote Keyless Entry OEM to a van that didn't come with it.

I've got some people at my local Chevy dealer looking into this.

Steve
    10 Chevy Traverse LT AWD
    02 Chevy Trailblazer LS (110K+ miles - loaded except for 4WD - WRECKED!)
    99 Chevy Cavalier LS (105K+ miles - commuter car)
    78 Chevy Suburban Silverado (454, 3/4 ton)
    62 GMC 3/4 ton Pickup (350 police interceptor)

Remember: Search Before Posting | Fill out Your Profile & Signature
    * I've been saying for years that I was going to change my username, and I finally did.

Jr. Apprentice

I can check the diagrams on autozone, I think it might be too new for them. No promises!

GM seems to make adding features very easy, or very difficult. For example, if a Silverado ('08 to '13) came without the DIC, adding the selector switch (and a new trim plate) provides the function. I guess, in this case, it was cheaper to use the DIC wiring harness for the low volume non-DIC trucks.

However, other features (and I think keyless entry in a van might be one) are more difficult. First of all, is the truck equipped with power door locks? If not, that is a major upgrade. Next question, does the van have tire pressure monitoring?

The more we can answer yes, the more equipment is already installed in the truck. For example, the same receiver is used for tire pressure monitoring and for remote door unlocking.
    Ray

'09 Avalanche LTZ - Black
    '05 Envoy XL (sold)

Jr. Apprentice

I know with a 2007 there RKE (Remote keyless entry) module is a tiny Radio Frequency (RF) module that connects to the high speed GM serial network. It has no other connections. I know with most newer Ford's, they need to Be enabled digitally, 2004 and up.

It's hard to tell, until someone does it.

If I could afford to the Evtm (electrical and vacuum tech manual) for ever new model, I would. I wish I knew someone at chevy dealer to ask how they do it when a customer orders it post production.

I think that the federal mandate states that all vehicle after 2007 must have TPMS. so, if that is the case and @RayVoy is correct about them using the same receiver then it may be as simple as buying the proper remotes and programming them.

1995 Silverado 4x4
    6" BDS Suspension Lift-3" Body Lift-Add A Leaf in rear -Trailmaster SSV Shocks-Duel Steering Stabilizer Kit -AirAid Cold air intake-
    4.56 Gears with Detroit Auburn Locker-Pro-Comp Traction Bars with duel shocks-Aluminum Skid Plate Kit-38.5" x 16.5" Mickey Thompson Baja Claws-Constant Dropping fuel gauge

2005 Yukon XL Jet Power Programmer, Bilstein Shocks, Bilstein rear springs, Helwig Anti-sway bars, EGR Window Visors, EGR Hood Shield, Denali Headlights, Headlight harness upgrade, GE NightHawk Bulbs, White Night Rear lighting system, Russell Braided SS brake lines, PowerStop Brake pads, PowerStop cross drilled and Slotted Rotors, http://www.gmtruckclub.com/forum/sho...5-GMC-Yukon-XL
    2002 Silverado ext cab 2wd (Sold)
    2003 Yukon XL (Totaled)

Jr. Apprentice

Just a heads up. Some states require a working TPMS in order pass inspection. If equipped.

Source http://www.tirerack.com/wheels/tech/...jsp?techid=214

TPMS is required after 2007
    http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tire-...em#Legislation
    Last edited by thesavo; 12-23-2013 at 11:50 AM.