GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default My Story, Just need to get this off of my chest

So I know I will probably never meet any of you, but here is my story / Battle with Depression

It all started when I was 10 years old and moved from NJ to South East Ohio. Not only dealing with the culture shock, losing most of my friends, and not fitting in, I was bullied at school on a daily basis because I was a "City boy". after about 6 months of dealing with all that I found myself isolating myself from the rest of the world. After living there for 4 years, My family moved yet again to Northern Kentucky, and once again, I lost what little friends I had in Ohio, just to start over again. This also started my isolation again. After High school I found what seemed like the woman of my dreams, who after 4 months of dating, decided she wanted another kid (she got pregnant by someone else at 16) and completely stopped her birth control without telling me. After breaking that off, she proceded to stalk me at home and at my workplace. After about 2 months of this, I decided to move to VA. which was the hardest thing to do in my life, leaving behind someone I still loved to move to the unknown. After being down here for about 2 1/2 months, I had had enough. Haven't had much luck in finding employment, couldn't join the military due to a medical condition, savings account was running dry (over 10K when I left for VA). This was my darkest hour so to speak. I had taken my shotgun (which I no longer own due to obvious reasons) put it up to my chin and pulled the trigger, and by some miracle, it didn't go off. Shortly after that happened, all of my family members who had disowned me due to my ex-girlfriend, had called to see if I was okay. Since then I have broken free of these shackles of depression, found a job, have a great soon-to-be Fiance', and am loving life. Even living paycheck to paycheck doesn't bother me.

As far as why I am posting this on here is to let others who may be having a rough time, and down on their luck to just hold on. I'm glad that I am alive today, and I try my best to help others.

God let me live for a reason, and what that is I will never know.

If anyone needs someone to talk to please PM me, Don't travel the same road I did, It's not pretty, and the only one you'll be hurting is the one's who love/care about you.

-Jason
    2012 Chevy Captiva Sport LT V6 (The Spanish Prison)

MODS:

Cobra 19 Ultra II CB and some generic CB antenna.
    55W 10000K HID High Beams (just to remind the wonderful citizens of Hampton that their High Beams are on)

Upcoming mods:

[_] Exhaust [_]Subwoofers [_]More HID's [_]LED's [_]MORE LIGHTS!!! [_]Carr Light Bar w/ 3 or 4 in round off-road lights. [_]Black out Badges [_]Black out exhaust tips [_]Black out imitation skid plates on front and rear [_]Hopefully find a way to keep fogs, low beams, and high beams on at the same time

Jason

Thank you Jason! I don't care if anyone understands but I love you for putting yourself out there like that. I will one day put out my story.
    Tim Walters (Curky)

Wrangler AT/S 265/70R17 - Trail-FX window vents - Husky fitted splash guards - Silver Star zXe - Leveling kit -

My main thing because I am real close. The dude that ****ed up my life is due to a release in the next year and I pray I do not do what I promised myself I will do my whole life...
    Tim Walters (Curky)

Wrangler AT/S 265/70R17 - Trail-FX window vents - Husky fitted splash guards - Silver Star zXe - Leveling kit -

Im speechless, Something to say about putting yourself out there, Powerful

RIGHT?.. @MrJ52 that is deep. Very, some people might not get it but it does mean a lot to put it out there like that...
    Tim Walters (Curky)

@Comaro69car has gained so much respect from me. I just can't go there yet because I might be the bad guy in a year or two.
    Last edited by Pikey; 12-20-2013 at 07:05 PM.
    Tim Walters (Curky)

Last edited by Curky; 12-21-2013 at 09:46 AM.
    Tim Walters (Curky)

@Pikey sorry to call you Into this but why can't I tag him....
    Tim Walters (Curky)

Quote Originally Posted by Curky View Post
    @Pikey sorry to call you Into this but why can't I tag him....
    because you spelled it wrong! lol it is camaro not comaro @Camaro69car

1995 Silverado 4x4
    6" BDS Suspension Lift-3" Body Lift-Add A Leaf in rear -Trailmaster SSV Shocks-Duel Steering Stabilizer Kit -AirAid Cold air intake-
    4.56 Gears with Detroit Auburn Locker-Pro-Comp Traction Bars with duel shocks-Aluminum Skid Plate Kit-38.5" x 16.5" Mickey Thompson Baja Claws-Constant Dropping fuel gauge

2005 Yukon XL Jet Power Programmer, Bilstein Shocks, Bilstein rear springs, Helwig Anti-sway bars, EGR Window Visors, EGR Hood Shield, Denali Headlights, Headlight harness upgrade, GE NightHawk Bulbs, White Night Rear lighting system, Russell Braided SS brake lines, PowerStop Brake pads, PowerStop cross drilled and Slotted Rotors, http://www.gmtruckclub.com/forum/sho...5-GMC-Yukon-XL
    2002 Silverado ext cab 2wd (Sold)
    2003 Yukon XL (Totaled)

Lol, see I knew you would tell me the truth. lol hope all is well with you.
    Tim Walters (Curky)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast