GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by Manta22 View Post
    I may have been hallucinating, but I recall seeing Chevy Suburbans with a GMC style grille with a rectangular block with the bowtie instead of the "GMC" letters. Can anyone tell me the year(s) of this or was I hallucinating?

I liked the look of them and I'd like to do that with my '94 Suburban.

Thanks.
    I saw one of these the other day at my church. I took a pic of it and will try to post it later. It was definitely not aftermarket. Looked pretty cool

- - - Updated - - -
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1229131058.jpg 
Views:	12 
Size:	67.7 KB 
ID:	57565Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1229131058.jpg 
Views:	12 
Size:	67.7 KB 
ID:	57565
    Attachment 57553

here it is
    Last edited by Pikey; 02-04-2014 at 08:37 PM.

1995 Silverado 4x4
    6" BDS Suspension Lift-3" Body Lift-Add A Leaf in rear -Trailmaster SSV Shocks-Duel Steering Stabilizer Kit -AirAid Cold air intake-
    4.56 Gears with Detroit Auburn Locker-Pro-Comp Traction Bars with duel shocks-Aluminum Skid Plate Kit-38.5" x 16.5" Mickey Thompson Baja Claws-Constant Dropping fuel gauge

2005 Yukon XL Jet Power Programmer, Bilstein Shocks, Bilstein rear springs, Helwig Anti-sway bars, EGR Window Visors, EGR Hood Shield, Denali Headlights, Headlight harness upgrade, GE NightHawk Bulbs, White Night Rear lighting system, Russell Braided SS brake lines, PowerStop Brake pads, PowerStop cross drilled and Slotted Rotors, http://www.gmtruckclub.com/forum/sho...5-GMC-Yukon-XL
    2002 Silverado ext cab 2wd (Sold)
    2003 Yukon XL (Totaled)

No longer working Mike
    Ray

'09 Avalanche LTZ - Black
    '05 Envoy XL (sold)

Quote Originally Posted by RayVoy View Post
    No longer working Mike
    What the heck. It looked fine last night. It said to contact an administrator. I guess that I will have to ask @Steve what is up with it, it is beyond me as a moderator. This is like the third time in a week that I posted a pic and it turned into some weird attachment that ends up dead. like below is now turning into a link rather than a pic. when I click it the link is dead, but when I edit the post the picture shows up. I think that I fixed the pic in the post 2 above this one.

Attachment 57566
    Last edited by Pikey; 02-04-2014 at 11:27 PM.

1995 Silverado 4x4
    6" BDS Suspension Lift-3" Body Lift-Add A Leaf in rear -Trailmaster SSV Shocks-Duel Steering Stabilizer Kit -AirAid Cold air intake-
    4.56 Gears with Detroit Auburn Locker-Pro-Comp Traction Bars with duel shocks-Aluminum Skid Plate Kit-38.5" x 16.5" Mickey Thompson Baja Claws-Constant Dropping fuel gauge

2005 Yukon XL Jet Power Programmer, Bilstein Shocks, Bilstein rear springs, Helwig Anti-sway bars, EGR Window Visors, EGR Hood Shield, Denali Headlights, Headlight harness upgrade, GE NightHawk Bulbs, White Night Rear lighting system, Russell Braided SS brake lines, PowerStop Brake pads, PowerStop cross drilled and Slotted Rotors, http://www.gmtruckclub.com/forum/sho...5-GMC-Yukon-XL
    2003 Yukon XL (Totaled)

Found a pic. It looks like it came from down south, but the ones I have seen locally have CO plates.

Name:	suburban-94-tipo-sle-2500-ao-1994-90000-km-en-mercadolibre_c99ec.jpg 
Views:	8 
Size:	76.7 KB 
ID:	57704

I saw one today, but it was going the opposite direction on the interstate.

I was looking around the web for this because I was really interested in learning about it. From what I can find they only came on trucks made in Mexico with an export designation for the Mexican Domestic market. They were never sold new in the USA like that. From what I could find, the aftermarket companies called them a "Cat eye grill". I guess that they are pretty hard to come by. I could not find anyone manufacturing them anymore. I found a pic of one of the conversions online.

Name:	2qlycko.jpg 
Views:	8 
Size:	49.3 KB 
ID:	57705

I guess they do a lot of things for the Mexican market that never gets sold new here. While looking I found this, it is a 2004 Suburban with what looks to be an Avalanche or newer Silverado front end.

Name:	CHEVROLET-Suburban-2004-67618-422419.jpg 
Views:	6 
Size:	23.4 KB 
ID:	57706

1995 Silverado 4x4

2003 Yukon XL (Totaled)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12