GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 Last Post byLast Post by

I had Linex sprayed in professionally. Light years ahead of one of those drop in Tupperware boxes. 13 years old. Carried everything from 1/2" bluestone to 500 lb table saws. Scratches seemed to heal themselves. The rest of the truck is rusting away (a 2001 Dodge with a spun rod bearing or two) in a friends back yard, but the liner is still pristine to this day.

Came from a long line of Line-x Trucks in our family, I didn't want to drill, or sand off the bed. The whole point of the drop in was so that if I wanted to later on, I could repaint my truck bed factory color. I plan on keeping this vehicle forever, it's my first "car" so to speak. If only they had a Line-x or Rhino that would come off as easy as plastidip. Or maybe plastidip the bed and then flex seal or line-x on top of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Tungsten23 View Post
    Came from a long line of Line-x Trucks in our family, I didn't want to drill, or sand off the bed. The whole point of the drop in was so that if I wanted to later on, I could repaint my truck bed factory color. I plan on keeping this vehicle forever, it's my first "car" so to speak. If only they had a Line-x or Rhino that would come off as easy as plastidip. Or maybe plastidip the bed and then flex seal or line-x on top of it.
    Plastidip under linex? You'd never get the tech to do it.

The whole point to Linex or any other spray in bedliner is PERMANENT, and they ain't kidding.

That Linex in my 2001 will be sitting in that yard all by itself 100 years from now with little evidence of what was rusting away under it, I am sure. You know they spray that stuff inside of armored military vehicles to stop spauling on the inside when rounds hit, right?

one recommendation that I have is to do both. Do a DIY Bedliner like BedArmor or one like that inaddition to a drop in liner. Just doing a drop in liner will allow dirt and grime to collect under and damage your bed which you are trying to avoid.
    Chevy Coastie. 2010 Silverado Crew Cab. 20" Rims, 6000k Kelvin HIDs, Kelvin LED Dome lights, 20% tints

Hey I'm new to this whole thing and I just want to know the regular operating temp is for the transmission? I have an 08 silverado 1500 so if I could get some help or direction on this site that would be awesome
    Using Tapatalk

Well, then. You are about to find out about forum etiquette. Asking a completely unrelated question in an existing thread is known as hijacking. You need to start a new thread of your own for your question.

Quote Originally Posted by Dana W View Post
    Well, then. You are about to find out about forum etiquette. Asking a completely unrelated question in an existing thread is known as hijacking. You need to start a new thread of your own for your question.
    My apologies.

Tungsten 23,

Another option is to get a spray in liner and then a rubber bed mat to help absorb heavy items being dropped in your bed. Whatever you decide to do, I would not use a drop in liner by itself. That would cause more damage down the road. Talking from experience.

Quote Originally Posted by TDCulbyy763 View Post
    My apologies.
    No worries man! I've noticed out here, mine sits around 140 degrees in about 40-60 degree outside temp. One time I hit 200 trans temp on the truck in 110 outside temp, I promptly pulled over and opened the hood. I would say under 180 is ideal!!

**EDIT**

UNDER 180 is ideal.

Hakuna Matata!

I had line X in my 2002. At the time I was a union bricklayer. I hauled yards of sand, gravel, and rock. I put pallets of brick, stone, block, and motor in the back daily. As you know to fit 2 pallets in you have to slide the first one to the front of the bed with a fork lift. My linex still looked like the day I had it installed when I sold the truck. I did multiple tests with samples of other bed liner materials before I went with linex. I let the samples soak for a week in different buckets of diesel fuel, xylene, and acetone. (all stuff I used at work) The only one not effected by the chemicals was line x. My 95 silverado and 98 sonoma had drop in bed liners. They rubbed the paint off down to bare metal within a year. In my opinion, if you plan on keeping the truck "forever" linex is the way to go. They can now color match it to the truck. I know guys that had rhino, it peeled when heavy pallets were slid on it, it also cut with sharp shovels while unloading sand.

1995 Silverado 4x4
    6" BDS Suspension Lift-3" Body Lift-Add A Leaf in rear -Trailmaster SSV Shocks-Duel Steering Stabilizer Kit -AirAid Cold air intake-
    4.56 Gears with Detroit Auburn Locker-Pro-Comp Traction Bars with duel shocks-Aluminum Skid Plate Kit-38.5" x 16.5" Mickey Thompson Baja Claws-Constant Dropping fuel gauge

2005 Yukon XL Jet Power Programmer, Bilstein Shocks, Bilstein rear springs, Helwig Anti-sway bars, EGR Window Visors, EGR Hood Shield, Denali Headlights, Headlight harness upgrade, GE NightHawk Bulbs, White Night Rear lighting system, Russell Braided SS brake lines, PowerStop Brake pads, PowerStop cross drilled and Slotted Rotors, http://www.gmtruckclub.com/forum/sho...5-GMC-Yukon-XL
    2002 Silverado ext cab 2wd (Sold)
    2003 Yukon XL (Totaled)