GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 1 of 2 12 Last Post byLast Post by

Question locks not working, sort of!

Hello everyone! Got a bit cold here now and ofc there came strange faults... i cant unlock the doors by key remote or central lock buttons anymore! the only door that opens are the trunk/rear doors! however if i lock them all the doors gets locked!

This is strange, firt the driver a right back door stopped working, then the other two, and even if i had it i a garage afterwards the wont start work :(

Anyone had the same problem?

What year and model vehicle is this on?

Vehicle info is a big help. But common to most vehicles, is a couple of relays. There should be a LOCK relay and an UNLOCK relay, in the fuse panel under the hood. The relays are the same, try swapping them and see if the problem moves to the LOCK function.
    Ray

'09 Avalanche LTZ - Black
    '05 Envoy XL (sold)

oh sorry :P
    my 2003 gmc savana conversion, the one in my garage, should have mentioned it! >.<

is there separate relay for the back door?

Quote Originally Posted by Kelmannen View Post
    the one in my garage, s
    No prob, most of us show the vehicle info in the sig.

I don't know about the rear door, if it locks and unlocks with the front doors, it probably uses the same relays.

Hmm, should fix my signature then, because it seems like I'm going to need your help often... :P

Do anyone of you know where I can find a manual for my 2003 savana, when I bought it didn't have any books with it :( I do have a Haynes for it but it would be nice with "the real one" too... I don't Ned it in paperback a PDF would be enough, haven't found a source to get it :/ as far as I found GMC only has the 2014 on their site and the dash board is quite different and what I'm after is what all the buttons and dials do :P in The roof i a.e have a butron that sats "driving lights" that doesn't do anyrhing, and there are a couple more things i wonder about. A manual would be nice to have

(Ps GMC doesn't have any representation in Sweden so I dunno who to ask)

Quote Originally Posted by Kelmannen View Post
    Do anyone of you know where I can find a manual for my 2003 savana,
    Try this: http://www.gm.ca/gm/english/owner_ce...dispManualInfo

it found it there thank you very much good sir and Merry Christmas! :D

Your welcome, Merry Christmas to you

i think it's may driver door lock that doesnt work, i can hear all the locks except for the driver door trying to open and i guess that the driver door control all the other doors, exept for the rear doors which works perfectly. and if i have the car indoor for a day or two all doors open exept for drtiver door, so i guess it's a combination of cold and water in the locks...

Page 1 of 2 12 Last Post byLast Post by