GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

how cold is it? on my 2005 yukon xl I had the same issue when it was -15f (-26C) here. The only door actuator that worked was my driver side rear door. I could see the others trying to work, they just did not. As soon as I put the truck in my garage and it warmed up they all worked fine again.

1995 Silverado 4x4
    6" BDS Suspension Lift-3" Body Lift-Add A Leaf in rear -Trailmaster SSV Shocks-Duel Steering Stabilizer Kit -AirAid Cold air intake-
    4.56 Gears with Detroit Auburn Locker-Pro-Comp Traction Bars with duel shocks-Aluminum Skid Plate Kit-38.5" x 16.5" Mickey Thompson Baja Claws-Constant Dropping fuel gauge

2005 Yukon XL Jet Power Programmer, Bilstein Shocks, Bilstein rear springs, Helwig Anti-sway bars, EGR Window Visors, EGR Hood Shield, Denali Headlights, Headlight harness upgrade, GE NightHawk Bulbs, White Night Rear lighting system, Russell Braided SS brake lines, PowerStop Brake pads, PowerStop cross drilled and Slotted Rotors, http://www.gmtruckclub.com/forum/sho...5-GMC-Yukon-XL
    2002 Silverado ext cab 2wd (Sold)
    2003 Yukon XL (Totaled)

well, atm it's about -15c, has been down to -30-35c last week and i dont have a garage which it fits in to :/ have to wait until i get to my fathers garage before i can do that (he has a 200sqm(2153sqft) with 6,5m(21ft) to the inner roof )

I have a similar issue with my 08 Silverado.. but it's both of the passenger door lock actuators that aren't working properly. they work during the "winter", but our "winter" lasts all of about 10 days.. and that's spread out over the course of 4 months. I've heard this is a common problem with my model pickup though, which means it probably doesn't have much to do with your issue haha. sorry

"If you're not living life on the edge, You're taking up too much space"

"Truck Norris"
    - 2008 TX Edition Silverado
    - McGaughy's 4/5 Drop Kit
    - Apline Type R 10s & Amp
    - Pioneer 6 Disc Touchscreen Deck
    - Nightmare Breed Motorsports custom tune
    - Custom 3" dual exhaust through x-pipe dumped at axle
    - Airaid CAI
    - Badges and molding removed, roll pan, Truxedo roll-up cover (compliments of GMTC!), 3pc billet grille, factory fogs upgrade
    "Kristine" - 1991 Nissan 240sx
    - Cut to pieces, LS build pending

Have anyone tried lubricatin the lock actuator with som kind of water repellant Electric grease?

I have a 2008 Impala that experienced a very similar issue: I had 3 of the 4 door lock actuators fail over time. When they started to get flaky, they'd work if the outside temperature was below 70 deg. F., but would stop working if it got too warm outside. Eventually, they'd stop working entirely.

http://www.gmpartsoutlet.net/ was a good place to find replacement OEM locks at a good price. Not sure on the Express vans, but you can't use a generic actuator on the Impala. I'd bet that the Chevy vans are the same way.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12