GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Default Mysterious Odometer reset?!

Alright guys, so all the lights on my cluster had slowly been going out on the dash of my 2005 silverado 1500, so I did the led swap and when i went to put it back in somehow the odometer had reset itself to 0 miles. has 77,500miles. Does anyone know how to fix it back to normal, or something i can do to put the miles back the way they were, (winding something up??) other than driving?? They truck runs great but im OCD and this is bothering me.

Legend
    Blog Entries

Welcome to the club!!!

It sounds like the board wasn't isolated when the LEDs got soldered in, and you probably burned up the little led screen. I don't think that's serviceable, you would have to buy a new gauge cluster and have the dealer flash the new one. Hopefully someone else will chime in.
    2004 Chevy Colorado
    LS1 5.7 swap/TBSS rear axle swap

Just for clarification, you are talking about the total odometer and not the trip odometer, yes? Also, my 2001 Silverado has an engine hour meter. Does yours have that and if so, did that reset as well?
    Clint (TX) 2001 Silverado LS 4.8L auto 2wd ECSB [GARAGE]
    Gasoline or gunpowder: If you ain't burning one, you ain't having fun!
    NRA Endowment Member 5 24 48 88 - Hendrick Motorsports FTW!

Quote Originally Posted by McClintoc View Post
    Just for clarification, you are talking about the total odometer and not the trip odometer, yes? Also, my 2001 Silverado has an engine hour meter. Does yours have that and if so, did that reset as well?
    I was wondering the same thing, I bet he means trip odometer because I've literally NEVER heard of the main odometer doing that...bet the battery died or something...

- - - Updated - - -

And no, you can't push it forward.

If its the actual Odometer, Drive it for a couple years, the value of your truck just went up!

Just kidding, Get that looked at.
    2012 Chevy Captiva Sport LT V6 (The Spanish Prison)

MODS:

Cobra 19 Ultra II CB and some generic CB antenna.
    55W 10000K HID High Beams (just to remind the wonderful citizens of Hampton that their High Beams are on)

Upcoming mods:

[_] Exhaust [_]Subwoofers [_]More HID's [_]LED's [_]MORE LIGHTS!!! [_]Carr Light Bar w/ 3 or 4 in round off-road lights. [_]Black out Badges [_]Black out exhaust tips [_]Black out imitation skid plates on front and rear [_]Hopefully find a way to keep fogs, low beams, and high beams on at the same time

Jason

In any case, write down the actual mileage it had when it reset. There will be a time when you will have to disclose the actual mileage, like when you sell it.

Craigslist: 2005 Chevy Silverado for sale. Like new. 129 original miles.

Sorry! I've been really busy with work, yes it reset everything! *engine hours, trip a and total odometer. Does anybody have any ideas as to how to what I should do to fix it or what was going on?

I think the ECM keeps track of the miles. Maybe there is a broken connection back there behind the panel that is keeping the mileage from showing. Is it accumulating any milage now?