GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 1 of 3 123 Last Post byLast Post by

Default Am I the only one here with a classic truck?!?!?!?!?!!??!!?!

SO I am not the ONLY one with a pre-74 chevy right!?!?!?!?!?!?!??!!?!? I mean there have to be some people here with a classic!!!!!!! C'mon ya'alls with a classic GM or chevy truck from 1911-1974!!!!! Post some pictures!!! Lets see what ya have!!!! Here is mine!!!! 1966 C-10 with a 292 inline 6 banger.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 005.jpg   006.jpg   033.jpg   005.jpg   006.jpg  

Excuse the rust..I USE my truck.

"No matter how beat up or rusty a chevy is, no truck will ever look as good goin down the road wearin that bowtie!"

I wish I had a 71-72
    Chuckie!!!

Great looking truck! Tell us more about the motor. Is that a crate motor or did you rebuild it? How much of it is original?
    Clint (TX) 2001 Silverado LS 4.8L auto 2wd ECSB [GARAGE]
    Gasoline or gunpowder: If you ain't burning one, you ain't having fun!
    NRA Endowment Member 5 24 48 88 - Hendrick Motorsports FTW!

It's too classy, everyone would want to have this one..!!! And great job if you've rebuild it..!

Quote Originally Posted by McClintoc View Post
    Great looking truck! Tell us more about the motor. Is that a crate motor or did you rebuild it? How much of it is original?
    Well it is faaaar from rebuilt my friend! LOL! The 292 has 140,000 original miles on it. And no it isn't a crate engine(wish it was). All the motor is stock except for the intake manifold, exhaust headers, carburetor, and an HEI. It is getting to be the time for a rebuild....but it sure does run strong though. The carb is an Edelbrock 600 cfm manual choke 4 barrel, Motor isn't to overcarbed.....I can floor it in all gears and it won't flood out. Not a ton of power, but it does its job. I have dual flowmaster 40 series mufflers for the exhaust and when I hit 3,500 rpm the flowmaster tone kicks in and man does it sound wicked! LOL! Thanks for the compliments!
    Quote Originally Posted by raheelbs View Post
    It's too classy, everyone would want to have this one..!!! And great job if you've rebuild it..!
    No, the motor isn't rebuild yet...will be in a year or so. Never really thought it was that classy! LOL! Its just my ol farm truck with a little chrome. Thanks for the compliments!

I love ol classic trucks trying to find one locally but not to rusty will see what happens Sweet truck by the way

I really like it, nice to see a "6 popper" dressed up with some performance parts on it. I put lots of miles on a couple chevy pickups back in my "oil patch" days. I always appreciated the stump pulling torque of the 292. I've got a couple older Chevy trucks on the ranch, will get some pictures someday. My only antique is my '48 Willys truck - OK, not Chevy, but powered by Chevy - make it an 'honorary' Chevy?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Scan0026.jpg  

Jr. Mechanic
    Blog Entries

I have a 64 short bed step side. Just haven't had time to do much to it. Great truck it will start even when its to cold for my 97 lol.I think my truck has more colors then yours and prob more rust but mine is just around yard work truck.most people use a wheeler or garden tractor me I use something I can count on to start and run
    1997 gmc k1500
    v force muffler
    duel tips
    3 inch pipe
    KnN air filter
    Good year authority tires
    160000 miles and counting
    2 intake gaskets
    1 trany
    1 water pump
    1 alt
    I love my truck !!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by grampy View Post
    I really like it, nice to see a "6 popper" dressed up with some performance parts on it. I put lots of miles on a couple chevy pickups back in my "oil patch" days. I always appreciated the stump pulling torque of the 292. I've got a couple older Chevy trucks on the ranch, will get some pictures someday. My only antique is my '48 Willys truck - OK, not Chevy, but powered by Chevy - make it an 'honorary' Chevy?
    good friend of mine has one of these too. 350/np435 4x4. Geared so low he only has a top speed of 45mph, but it will pull a loaded freight train if he so desires! Lol

10. Likes grampy liked this post

Well, At least I am not the ONLY one here with a pre-73! LOL!

Page 1 of 3 123 Last Post byLast Post by