GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 Last Post byLast Post by

Is there anyone else???
    Excuse the rust..I USE my truck.

"No matter how beat up or rusty a chevy is, no truck will ever look as good goin down the road wearin that bowtie!"

Jr. Apprentice

I have a '72 SWB with 250 & 4speed. Getting ready to drop a 40 over 350 in her !

Cool! Look forward t some pictures! :-D

Nice

My wife and I was talking about getting some "Old" truck like yours but we just not sure how difficult it is to work on or to get parts.
    used to have 88 suburban so I know a little about how basic thing works nothing more haha...

my dad had a 64 custom cab...with the full rear cab window.....used to go hunting with it every year.....sure miss it. My 95 will be a classic someday.......lol
    Blank slate....work in progress....
    95 Chevy 5.7L 2wd...no mods..yet
    Resto project.

GMANs95 just touched on my biggest question. How old does it have to be to be considered a "classic" truck? I currently own an '89 K2500. It is 25 years old this year and is still the best vehicle purchase I ever made, and I bought it used off of a high school kid back in '09.

Someone once told me that the DMV considers any vehicle over 20 years old to be a classic car. Is this true?
    csltrains96
    Myself, my beautiful wife
    3 - boys
    3 - minivans
    1 - '89 Chevy K2500 Silverado Truck
    1 - 27 foot travel trailer
    Not enough family time!

Quote Originally Posted by csltrains96 View Post
    GMANs95 just touched on my biggest question. How old does it have to be to be considered a "classic" truck? I currently own an '89 K2500. It is 25 years old this year and is still the best vehicle purchase I ever made, and I bought it used off of a high school kid back in '09. Someone once told me that the DMV considers any vehicle over 20 years old to be a classic car. Is this true?
    i believe 26-older
    Chuckie!!!

Alot of car shows consider Pre-73 truck to be classics. Least the ones here anyway. Anything before 1990 I'd say could be a classic.

I've got a 58 short step with "patina" I drive a little in the summer. I like the looks of yours... don't paint it!!!

Classic.

Airaid. Borla. Blackbear. RCX.

The Squatcherado!