GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 1 of 2 12 Last Post byLast Post by
    I live just south of Philadelphia, small community that sits on the Delaware River.

Default Surprised by the prices of older trucks ?

I've been watching Mecum & Barrett / Jackson auctions and besides all Mopar prices in the stratosphere, I'm really surprised by the prices of old 40&50's pickup prices. Surfing the net I can't find anything useable as project vehicle. I've been looking for a 1949 to-53 5 window pickup to restore and it's a long term project. But everywhere I look even old mice and other rodents ex apartments are going for $15K. . ?

The auction shows sure dont help matters any. The 5 window Gm trucks are quite popular these days which may account for part of it. Maybe look for another brand of truck to restore. I always liked the Internationals.

Oh yeah....this is a GM truck site...I take that back....lol

1997 GMC

Head out to the boondocks, Ive been finding ok, not great just ok, deals in smaller towns.
    Lots of half finished projects that need to be started over again.

4. Likes JTWard liked this post
    I live just south of Philadelphia, small community that sits on the Delaware River.

Default The hunt !

Yeah, I'm sure if I wander out 75 to 100 miles in Carbon or one of the other rural areas. Stops in dinners and just meting wit some townsfolk will render some leads.
    Last edited by JTWard; 12-28-2013 at 03:15 AM.

Legend
    Blog Entries

My dad just bought a 56' Chevy stepside truck completely restored, It is the original 6 cylinder with 3 speed transmission. He traded a 34 ford, and a 70 Nova that were both in so so condition.
    2004 Chevy Colorado
    LS1 5.7 swap/TBSS rear axle swap

Good luck, it may be a long search. I would suggest even looking into some farm auctions. Keeping in mind that farm / ranch auctions can get a bit crazy too, I attend a few of them, sometimes I have to keep my hands in my coat pockets and hold my head very still !! occasionally you see some older cars or tucks at farm autions.

8. Thanks JTWard thanked for this post

Quote Originally Posted by JTWard View Post
    Yeah, I'm sure if I wander out 75 to 100 miles in Carbon or one of the other rural areas. Stops in dinners and just meeting with some townsfolk will render some leads.
    I'm having tough time trying to post without pounding he keys on the keyboard, and it's brand new !

Jr. Engineer

lets try this again! GRAMPY: whats the tractor in your pic? A 966 or the 1066? We have a guy that comes in every now and then with an Inter-smashable truck, painted up and numbered as a 1066 tractor!! Its totally awesome! As for getting a 5 window, come up to Syracuse for the nationals! There's all kinds of cars and trucks for sale at the show!

It's a 1086, built in 1976, good old made in USA iron. It's quite an old workhorse.
    '07 2500 HD reg. cab, 5sp manual 4x4

When the need arises, any tool or object within reach becomes a hammer.

Those damn auction shows are the reason for these ridiculous prices.
    Chuckie!!!

Page 1 of 2 12 Last Post byLast Post by