GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Default wheels confuse me help?!

i am looking into getting aftermarket wheels and tires for my stock height 99 silverado. I have just a couple of questions about the rims, i have the tires all figured out. the wheels i am looking into getting are the KMC XD series addicts but there are two options one has a -12 offset and one has a +18 offset. which one would be better,i want something that sticks out just a tad but not to much. and will the 17x9 wheels fit properly, depending on the offset?

check out this thread. it should help clear things up for you. http://www.gmtruckclub.com/forum/sho...r-Measurements

1995 Silverado 4x4
    6" BDS Suspension Lift-3" Body Lift-Add A Leaf in rear -Trailmaster SSV Shocks-Duel Steering Stabilizer Kit -AirAid Cold air intake-
    4.56 Gears with Detroit Auburn Locker-Pro-Comp Traction Bars with duel shocks-Aluminum Skid Plate Kit-38.5" x 16.5" Mickey Thompson Baja Claws-Constant Dropping fuel gauge

2005 Yukon XL Jet Power Programmer, Bilstein Shocks, Bilstein rear springs, Helwig Anti-sway bars, EGR Window Visors, EGR Hood Shield, Denali Headlights, Headlight harness upgrade, GE NightHawk Bulbs, White Night Rear lighting system, Russell Braided SS brake lines, PowerStop Brake pads, PowerStop cross drilled and Slotted Rotors, http://www.gmtruckclub.com/forum/sho...5-GMC-Yukon-XL
    2002 Silverado ext cab 2wd (Sold)
    2003 Yukon XL (Totaled)

A negative offset will make the wheels/tires stick out. A -12 offset will make your wheels sitck out a bit more than you are looking for. I wouldn't go more than a -5 if only want them to stick out slightly.
    Clint (TX) 2001 Silverado LS 4.8L auto 2wd ECSB [GARAGE]
    Gasoline or gunpowder: If you ain't burning one, you ain't having fun!
    NRA Endowment Member 5 24 48 88 - Hendrick Motorsports FTW!

just curious but about how far would a -12 stick out? inches wise? and would a +18 make it look to far into the wheel well?

Difficult to tell. It depends on other dimensions of the wheel and what vehicle it is going on. Are you ordering these wheels on-line or at a tire shop?

well right now im looking at them online, a wheel tire package with toyo open country at2's but im probably going to my local shop and talk to them about it.

Even if the wheels or tires aren't the exact ones you'll be buying, check and see if the local shop will test fit a wheel/tire combo that is the same size you are wanting to buy. Then you see how offset looks on your truck.