GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Default Help a man turn some heads and rip up the off road in a 2011 Chevy Silverado

Looking to start saving up for some wheels rims and a lift kit for my Silverado 1500 Lt. I dont really know where to begin looking, but when i do finish everything im going to have some chrome rims and about a 4'' lift kit. I live in canada, hopefully someone can help me

- - - Updated - - -

also, whats it called when the wheels stick out from the truck?

Legend

Piermont,NY, back in Northern NJ now, But may be in IL soon....

Do you have Snow and salted roads over the winter times? If so keep your stocks for that time of the year..
    08 Z71 Avalanche Mods to date: K&N CAI,Hellwig Swaybars and End Links, Corsa Sport Exhaust, Superchips Programer,IPCW LOF & 3rd brake light and tails, AMI Gas door,Show Hooks and Door locks, Enkei Wheels, with Pirelli tires, StreetScene Bowties, Grant Steering wheel,Muth signal mirrors,SSBC Big Brake kit,Huskyliner Mug gards,Floor mats and Hood shield, McGard Lug nuts and locks, Bedrug, Cervini's Ram Air hood,35watt HID Fog lights, Sylvania bulbs all around ZXE's Highs and Lows, WhiteNight Back up lights,Sirius and HD Radio, SnugTop sitting on deck now Got a Softopper on now,Tempress Boat Hatches.... New Bilstein shocks are on... New Mods coming soon..... X

Tire sticking out is from increased track width from the lift (knuckle lifts) you will have to buy spacers to make the rear match up with the front. As far as helping you it really depends on what you wanna spend. Im installing a 5" rxc on my 13 next weekend. its a relatively cheap kit, and probably the only one worth buying from them. If you are looking at the 4" range probably looking at rancho or cst. I think they both say you can run up to 35s. Agree with enkieavalanche on keeping the stockers. I still have no clue what I want to run for wheel so I have 33" coopers going on my stocks to be run until I decide on wheels, and will be used as winter wheels.

Airaid. Borla. Blackbear. RCX.

The Squatcherado!

Quote Originally Posted by Bwheels View Post
    Looking to start saving up for some wheels rims and a lift kit for my Silverado 1500 Lt. I dont really know where to begin looking, but when i do finish everything im going to have some chrome rims and about a 4'' lift kit. I live in canada, hopefully someone can help me

- - - Updated - - -

also, whats it called when the wheels stick out from the truck?
    Wheels pushed out past the fenders could be one or a combination of two things. It's either the offset of the wheel or as Squatchy said it's due to the knuckles needed on lifts such as a 6".
    2009 Silvia~Superlift 6"~DropStars~Nitto Trail Graps~FSOR Catback~Madtunes Racing~4.10 gears~cleared headlights~hi-6

NNBS SILVERADO BUILD