GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Default 4 wheel atv offroad or onroad?

If you have a 4wheeler do you keep it off road or do you ride it onroad as well?

Steve
    10 Chevy Traverse LT AWD
    02 Chevy Trailblazer LS (110K+ miles - loaded except for 4WD - WRECKED!)
    99 Chevy Cavalier LS (105K+ miles - commuter car)
    78 Chevy Suburban Silverado (454, 3/4 ton)
    62 GMC 3/4 ton Pickup (350 police interceptor)

Remember: Search Before Posting | Fill out Your Profile & Signature
    * I've been saying for years that I was going to change my username, and I finally did.

Used to have a 4 wheeler when I loved in southeast ohio, I rode off road about 90% of the time, but rode it on pavement to the gas station to fill up. pavement eats the tires up, and you have significantly less grip depending on the tires.
    2012 Chevy Captiva Sport LT V6 (The Spanish Prison)

MODS:

Cobra 19 Ultra II CB and some generic CB antenna.
    55W 10000K HID High Beams (just to remind the wonderful citizens of Hampton that their High Beams are on)

Upcoming mods:

[_] Exhaust [_]Subwoofers [_]More HID's [_]LED's [_]MORE LIGHTS!!! [_]Carr Light Bar w/ 3 or 4 in round off-road lights. [_]Black out Badges [_]Black out exhaust tips [_]Black out imitation skid plates on front and rear [_]Hopefully find a way to keep fogs, low beams, and high beams on at the same time

Jason

There was a big article in one of the major papers on this. I never thought about it but the tires are offroad rated only and are low psi just for that reason.

yup. although you can just buy some cheap honduuuuuuh rims of craigslist and bolt them up depending on your four-wheelers lug pattern.

(modification to wheels might be necessary, You may need a grinder with a couple of cutoff wheels)

EDIT

They will most likely be 4x156.

any rims will work as long as they have that lug pattern

I have 4 wheelers, They stay on the ranch, they get an occasional short run down the county road (gravel). Not legal as I don't have the on road lighting kit on either of mine. I just do some careful defensive driving when I'm on the county roads ! I know the owners manual on one of mine states clearly that it's not intended for use on pavement. That one has a 'live' rear axle - no diff., that would be "interesting" to drive on pavement ! Ken
    '07 2500 HD reg. cab, 5sp manual 4x4

When the need arises, any tool or object within reach becomes a hammer.