GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Thread: Blew it...

Default Blew it...

He head gasket went south today around cylinder 3...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails image-1666945279.jpg   image-2152809643.jpg  
    Chuckie!!!

Man that stinks. Sorry to hear that. Hope you get it fixed soon.

1995 Silverado 4x4
    6" BDS Suspension Lift-3" Body Lift-Add A Leaf in rear -Trailmaster SSV Shocks-Duel Steering Stabilizer Kit -AirAid Cold air intake-
    4.56 Gears with Detroit Auburn Locker-Pro-Comp Traction Bars with duel shocks-Aluminum Skid Plate Kit-38.5" x 16.5" Mickey Thompson Baja Claws-Constant Dropping fuel gauge

2005 Yukon XL Jet Power Programmer, Bilstein Shocks, Bilstein rear springs, Helwig Anti-sway bars, EGR Window Visors, EGR Hood Shield, Denali Headlights, Headlight harness upgrade, GE NightHawk Bulbs, White Night Rear lighting system, Russell Braided SS brake lines, PowerStop Brake pads, PowerStop cross drilled and Slotted Rotors, http://www.gmtruckclub.com/forum/sho...5-GMC-Yukon-XL
    2002 Silverado ext cab 2wd (Sold)
    2003 Yukon XL (Totaled)

Quote Originally Posted by Pikey View Post
    Man that stinks. Sorry to hear that. Hope you get it fixed soon.
    i don't have the money to fix it. It's gonna have to sit for a couple months. Lamborfeeties will be my mode of transportation until tax time
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails image-786918827.jpg  

Ugh. That's rough. Was it building or all of a sudden?

Steve
    10 Chevy Traverse LT AWD
    02 Chevy Trailblazer LS (110K+ miles - loaded except for 4WD - WRECKED!)
    99 Chevy Cavalier LS (105K+ miles - commuter car)
    78 Chevy Suburban Silverado (454, 3/4 ton)
    62 GMC 3/4 ton Pickup (350 police interceptor)

Remember: Search Before Posting | Fill out Your Profile & Signature
    * I've been saying for years that I was going to change my username, and I finally did.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve View Post
    Ugh. That's rough. Was it building or all of a sudden?
    all of a sudden. I check the oil every two days. It was clean the other day. Was running great when I went to the store to buy oil on my lunch break. When I pulled it in the shop after clicking out the check engine light came on an it had a nasty miss. I went ahead and changed the fuel filter and began changing the oil as was planned and I saw the dreaded coffee..... I'm PRAYING the intake gasket blew out real bad by the oil cross over. I understand that's a common issue with these late 95-2000? Vortecs

Yay! Well I forgot to report back on this. I replaced the intake gaskets on the truck and it DID fix the issue. The driver rear gasket was blown all to crap.