GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Default another halo thread

i dont know if i want to get halo's or just diamond clear headlights and bumper lights......can't find many pics of any halo's on a 03-06 body style any one here got any pics??
    Last edited by mehoff400; 08-14-2008 at 07:30 PM.
    2004 chevy silverado "northwest edition" lifted on 35's

1990 cherokee lifted on 32's

I found these fog lights that I am thinking about getting but I don't know how well halo lights works. http://www.wooddashexperts.com/custo...t=19077&page=1
    Mike - OREGON

2001 chevy silverado 4x4. 5.3L, 6 inch Fabtech lift, 35" Toyo MT's, 17" Weld Racing wheels, arma coating on rocker panels. No exhaust after cat. Pioneer stereo

Legend

Blog Entries

Older thread....but....the halos don't actually lend anything to the lighting itself. They are strictly for accent purposes. I would look more towards how you like the actually lights - projector, HID or otherwise.
    Steven

"The Sarge"
    1999 Chevy Suburban LT- K2500
    7.4 454 Vortec, 4WD
    305/70/16 on Eagle Alloy

Alright, thanks.
    Mike - OREGON

2001 chevy silverado 4x4. 5.3L, 6 inch Fabtech lift, 35" Toyo MT's, 17" Weld Racing wheels, arma coating on rocker panels. No exhaust after cat. Pioneer stereo

I purchased both these Halo Projector Fog lights and Headlights. The Halo ring is very cool and looks nice. but the lighting from the lights themselves was horrible. So i took them out and put the factory housings back in and purchased an HID kit. now i light up the night!!

Legend
    Blog Entries

Thumbs down

DO NOT BUY THE HALOS!!!!!
    I had bought a set of the headlights and marker lenses with the halos in them, first off the workmanship was horrible. The turning signals filled up with water to the point they started growing black mold, there went $300. And then the headlights hardly put out any light at all, I was lucky if I could see twenty feet in front of the truck! My truck has a 6" lift with 35" tires, and those headlights will only let you adjust them so far down. They are definately a total waste of time and money, I took them back out and put the stock one's back in. I am now looking at getting the projector headlights for mine, with the new LED marker lights for the corners. DON'T DO IT UNLESS YOU LIKE HEADACHES!!!!!!!.............TRPLXL2

what brand of halos did you buy that you were so upset with?

unfortunately before reading this thread i bought a pair from ANZO.

they look nice but i havnt put them on yet so now im a little worried.

i was also wondering if i put them on is it possible to still have aan HID kit with them?
    90' Chevy Silverado 1500
    Suspension: Belltech 2" Drop Spindles
    Paint/Body: Silver Metalic w/ Red & White pinstriping, steel cowl induction hood, custom billet grille
    Interior/Electronics: Under Construction
    Wheels/Tires: American Racing Chrome Baja 17x8 / Wrapped in TOYO Proxes ST II
    Engine/Trans/Perf: EFI 5.7 Liter 350 cid V-8 w/ 700R4 Trans.
    K&N 57 Series FIPK II CAI
    40 series Flows

HOORAH SEABEE's!! :fighting0037:SHOOT TO KILL!!

Legend
    Blog Entries

I bought the Matrix projector headlights, they were one of the first companies to produce them 3 years ago. I am sorry if I freaked you out about them but it is all true, I guess they are one of those hit or miss items that people buy. 50% will say dude those are awesome, and the other 50% will say oh man those things are horrible. My friend has a Colorado with projector headlights from Anzo and his are fine, he has had no problems with them and they are 2 years old. As far as the HID's I have no idea, I try to stay away from that kind of thing because of my warranty and the strict cops around here.
    2004 Chevy Colorado
    LS1 5.7 swap/TBSS rear axle swap

well ill keep you updated and let you know how they turn out. im still waiting for the upgraded bulbs to put them on. they look clean out of the box i cant wait, if now i can only find a set of clear corners that dont look so cheap.
    90' Chevy Silverado 1500
    Suspension: Belltech 2" Drop Spindles
    Paint/Body: Silver Metalic w/ Red & White pinstriping, steel cowl induction hood, custom billet grille
    Interior/Electronics: Under Construction
    Wheels/Tires: American Racing Chrome Baja 17x8 / Wrapped in TOYO Proxes ST II
    Engine/Trans/Perf: EFI 5.7 Liter 350 cid V-8 w/ 700R4 Trans.
    K&N 57 Series FIPK II CAI
    40 series Flows

HOORAH SEABEE's!! :fighting0037:SHOOT TO KILL!!